Why me!

My wife said your truck is squealing ! I am really close to being deaf in certain frequencies . I couldn't hear the squealing. I opened the hood and nope not the drive belts , So I jacked up the truck and inspected the brakes. they looked like new and spun the hubs and the right front hub had the wheel bearings bad feel and the left side comparing them was as smooth as could be so I removed the hub and it was really rough to spin on the bench. I looked up the internet sellers and a Motorcraft which would take about a week to receive was only $13.00 less than the local Ford Dealer . I chose the local dealer. 55,000 miles is not many miles for a hub assembly to fail . The R&R took less time to do than it took to get over crying about having to do the job, it was a simple job though.

My wife said your truck is squealing ! I am really close to being deaf in certain frequencies . I couldn't hear the squealing. I opened the hood and nope not the drive belts , So I jacked up the truck and inspected the brakes. they looked like new and spun the hubs and the right front hub had the wheel bearings bad feel and the left side comparing them was as smooth as could be so I removed the hub and it was really rough to spin on the bench. I looked up the internet sellers and a Motorcraft which would take about a week to receive was only $13.00 less than the local Ford Dealer . I chose the local dealer. 55,000 miles is not many miles for a hub assembly to fail . The R&R took less time to do than it took to get over crying about having to do the job, it was a simple job though.
Be glad you don't have press in bearings. I agree 55k is low for a bearing assembly to fail.

Is your vehicle over 5 years old? Hub/bearing assemblies fall under Ford’s 5/60 Powertrain warranty.

What's the vehicle?

I just replaced a wheel bearing on my old '02 Taurus. Had gotten pretty loud when bearing weight. Fortunately I noticed that tire had worn a hole through the steel belt!

Back