Why isn't Pennzoil the clear dino choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif
I hear that! Insurance, What a rip off!

quote:

Originally posted by omaha2.5rs:
If price were equal (which they pretty much are here) why wouldn't you buy the most 'technically' superior oil? And if you wouldn't choose Pennzoil what is it about the other brand that makes it your choice?.....Doug

Define Technically superior.

Does that mean the most advanced technology went into the oil? Or does it mean the one the actually provided better wear results out of the motor?

I've seen enough info to suggest there are other choices of oil (notably Chevron/Havoline and Motorcraft/Conoco) that provide wear results and longetivity equal to or superior to Pennzoil.

Note that the Pennzoil Purebase was produced in conjunction with Conoco Hydroclear at Excel Paralubes, with a process licensed from Chevron that produces Chevron Isosyn base oils. All those marketing names refer to essentially similar base stocks produced from the same method.

As others have noted, it appears that Pennzoil is going to get marketed as the "premium" dino in the SOPUS lineup, which it is. With that in mind as being able to pickup oils that give equal or better wear and longetivity, regardless of "technology" put into them, and at a lower price to boot, why would I buy Pennzoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back