Why is this simple tapered roller wheel bearing so expensive.

Koyo USA part number L44645. Should be a common trailer wheel bearing used on my tow dolly. I'm cleaning and repacking them. The pair on one side I found to be acceptable after cleaning all the old grease out. That's when I googled that number because the other side seams noisy and may need to be replaced. I'm seeing $45 to over $100 for just one bearing.

bearings direct that size in timken for 45+ shipping.

this place has no name brand for less but not sure its exactly the same I think it just comes with the other parts.

would seem it has a precise inner raceway. So at least double the cost of a caged bearing with loose inner & outer separate races is my guess.
looks nice too.

bearings direct that size in timken for 45+ shipping.

this place has no name brand for less but not sure its exactly the same I think it just comes with the other parts.
Note the high shipping costs at 123bearing. $25.04 minimum ship cost.

CORRECTION. Have the other hub off and the numbers on those bearings are much clearer. It's actually L44649. A much more reasonably priced bearing. Sorry for the mix up.

CORRECTION. Have the other hub off and the numbers on those bearings are much clearer. It's actually L44649. A much more reasonably priced bearing. Sorry for the mix up.

Nice. That's a common bearing - can find it everywhere. Used on 3500 lb axles.

Back