why is pennzoil platinum so highly regarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mark888
Originally Posted By: tig1
Now what did you mean when you said I showed up when XM sponsors the site? Please explain.

Thanks

Max feels like it is OK to libel people and make stuff up. He claims that the race teams lied to Johnny about the M1, and he claims we work for ExxonMobil. He has no evidence whatsoever to make those libelous accusations, and I think he should be banned from this site for doing so.

So now you're trying to make this political? Quit acting so assaulted. Ban me? You would love that, wouldnt you? A challenge is a witch, isnt it?

We're different in that:
a) I don't need to rely on psychological tricks and ad-hominem arguments. those horrible, horrible "libellous accusations" are simply speculation on my part, and I still have the right to question your (or anyone's) obvious motives and partial behaviour.
b) you cannot derive any "made-up information" or partiality to a "preferred oil/brand" of mine from any of my post contents, unless otherwise clearly stated as opinion, and I invite you to try. Unlike yours, there is nothing in my posts that suggest bias toward anyone or anything, except against marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths and embellishments. Sure, you wouldnt like that...you obviously don't.

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
Unlike yours, there is nothing in my posts that suggest bias toward anyone or anything, except against marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths and embellishments. Sure, you wouldnt like that...you obviously don't.

I also don't like marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths, etc. Embellishments? Every company in the world (and every resume I have seen) does a little embellishment, and as long as they don't cross the line, then I am not going to get upset about mild embellishment.

But you seem to have a grudge against Mobil 1. Now I don't really know if they make the best oil, nor do I know the truth about the recent competitor claims. But I am not aware of any Mobil 1 marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths anymore than any other company. Maybe you can enlighten us on why you are so bitter against them.

Personally, I think all this stuff comparing one synthetic against another is a bit overblown. I only came to this forum to figure out if I should use 5W-20 or 5W-30 for my new car.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Can we have one thread dedicated to the glory of Pennzoil Platinum and not a Mobil1 flamewar?

"We didnt start the fire
It was always burning
Since the worlds been turning
We didnt start the fire
No we didnt light it
But we tried to fight it"

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark888
Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
Unlike yours, there is nothing in my posts that suggest bias toward anyone or anything, except against marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths and embellishments. Sure, you wouldnt like that...you obviously don't.

I also don't like marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths, etc. Embellishments? Every company in the world (and every resume I have seen) does a little embellishment, and as long as they don't cross the line, then I am not going to get upset about mild embellishment.

But you seem to have a grudge against Mobil 1. Now I don't really know if they make the best oil, nor do I know the truth about the recent competitor claims. But I am not aware of any Mobil 1 marketing tricks, gimmicks, untruths anymore than any other company. Maybe you can enlighten us on why you are so bitter against them.

Personally, I think all this stuff comparing one synthetic against another is a bit overblown. I only came to this forum to figure out if I should use 5W-20 or 5W-30 for my new car.

Use Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 :)

Originally Posted By: GrampsintheSand
Use Pennzoil Platinum 5-30

I will seriously consider it when I use up my M1 that I bought on sale at Advance Auto parts. I bought 5 quarts of M1 5W-30 EP with M1 oil filter for $29.95.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Can we have one thread dedicated to the glory of Pennzoil Platinum and not a Mobil1 flamewar?

Good point. I said that a hundred post ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back