Why I'm paranoid of buying oil at walmart...

Noticed a few jugs missing the fuel rebate stickers and one jug that was opened. Lately I've been checking oil filters as well as... frown

CT8

Spend a couple hours watching Walmart shoppers. Then spend a couple hours watching Macys shoppers.

Umibozu

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The stickers are worthless. The code under the cap is what's valuable.
Yup, but it's clear what their intent was. Next time they'll know what to do...

People always seem to disappoint, but frankly, Pennzoil should be sophisticated enought to understand this. I wouldn't worry about WalMart as much as Pennzoil. Buy Mobil products instead: they have a foil seal under the cap. On the other hand, I've never seen Ultra in a WalMart. Quite a conundrum for you.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Spend a couple hours watching Walmart shoppers. Then spend a couple hours watching Macys shoppers.
Yeah I know, The other day I saw this crazy guy in Walmart taking pictures of bottles of oil.

Originally Posted By: TWar
Originally Posted By: CT8
Yeah I know, The other day I saw this crazy guy in Walmart taking pictures of bottles of oil.
Now that was funny!

This is nothing new. People have been opening the jugs and stealing the codes for quite a while now, and not just at Walmart.

I thought the FRN required receipts to redeem codes now. The real shocking thing is that your Walmart carries Ultra *and* actually has a lot of it in stock!

I think there was a similar post a while back on the same topic, that time it was at an Autozone all the bottles were open, supposedly looking for codes.

But with all this natural gas availability, it seems they found a way to put in in an oil bootle, and get everyone on the 0w20 ban wagon. SHEEP!

Originally Posted By: Danh
People always seem to disappoint, but frankly, Pennzoil should be sophisticated enought to understand this.
They did understand. They changed the rules. No more codes on the caps.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
The real shocking thing is that your Walmart carries Ultra *and* actually has a lot of it in stock!
That's what shocked me too. So it does exist! Wonder when it's gonna make it's way down here...

Umibozu

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
Originally Posted By: tommygunn
The real shocking thing is that your Walmart carries Ultra *and* actually has a lot of it in stock!
That's what shocked me too. So it does exist! Wonder when it's gonna make it's way down here...
Still surprised availability of Ultra is so...random.

What's to be paranoid about? A quick flick of the cap will tell you if it's opened or not. And if it has been opened, repeat until you find one not opened. Simple.

Pennz lost me. No Ultra anywhere to be found near albany and further north..do they have the ultra 0w20 at ur store? Im happy with my M1 0w20.