Why has Havoline fallen out of favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's still very price competitive with PYB/GTX/VWB though. I still don't understand why it fell out of favor, since it is every bit the oil they are.

I'd still buy it if I could find it for sale and was in the market to pay full price for an oil. Wal-Mart and Meijer here don't carry it, but AutoZone, AAP and Pep Boys might however... if anyone else could verify that, I'd appreciate it
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Oldwolf
I thought I heard that the Texaco branded stations are on the way out here in the US. Maybe that is one reason the Havoline branded oil is not market much.

When Shell bought out Texaco, their stations became Shell and slowly but surely havoline started to disappear here in my part of the country. All we have now are shell stations everywhere - what's not to like about monopolies!!!!!!!!1

Shell did not buy Texaco, Chevron did. And to please the anti-trust folks in DC, where there were both Texaco and Chevron stations in the same area, many Texaco's became Shell stations. But Chevron also got some Shell stations in other areas that Shell no longer wanted to do business in. BTW that merger was about 4-5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back