WHY generic meds???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just became a member a couple of months ago. Nice to see I’m not the only one with (OIL ILLNESS)
I just wanted to get every ones take on this. We fret about the lubricants we are using. Are they good? Are they the best? Will they harm my car? Always looking for the best lubrication out there. My question is WHY do we settle for store brand food and generic medications to keep us healthy or just plain ole’ alive. Can anyone please help me on this one? I know the medical insurance companies want to save $$$ by prescribing generic meds, but most of us probably don’t bat an eye at that. Thanks in advance. And GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OIL…

Last edited by a moderator:
I gather generic medicine is EXACTLY the same as name brand. Mobil 1, Penn. Platinum, etc. has no exact cheaper variant.

if the generic medicine is chemically the same as the brand name (which I understand it is...) it is not inferior at all.

THe patents lapse and the chemistry becomes available for others to make. Not fair drawing a comparison to motor oil quality.

Generic drugs are not truly identical. The word "identical" is a misnomer and is open to interpretation.

Specifically the FDA requires bioequivalence of 80-125% of the non-generic (from a statistical sample). The FDA must still approve generics so don't think you're getting something that's up to 25% different; everyone's bodies process drugs differently. There can be small chemical differences between generics and brand-name.

More reading:
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/ucm079068.htm

But I digress.

I dont take any prescription drugs and me and the wife use natural medicine for alot of stuff. She actually has MS and does not take any presciption or over the counter drugs only natural. we also dont believe in flu shots and the last one i had i was 2 ish. I never get sick its pretty nice.I think its from eating healthy and not taking chemicals for everything or better yet anything. I do think there is alot of things that are aided in research. We even get organic food like free range chicken and no preservative foods. Its sick cause whenever we eat its not frozen or reheated its always fresh. Barely no waste either i think its a win win.

Ill throw in a GBA with ya man. Were kinda like your shadow and I have dual citizenship.

My uncle is the same way. He likes natural foods and stuff like that. Sorry to hear about your wife. My thoughts are with your family.

Originally Posted By: Bamboooo
I drink the finest whiskey, and smoke the finest cigars. Does that count?

Yes it does. Nothing wrong with that.

Hey thanks johnnydc. I really think the secret to a long life is choosing what you do to it or dont do. So i guess everyone should treat themselves as good as they treat their cars. On this forum at least. I agree the whiskey and cigars are part of the meditation aspect of the healthy lifestyle. Thats the soul part. In moderation of course.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: abycat
Hey thanks johnnydc. I really think the secret to a long life is choosing what you do to it or dont do. So i guess everyone should treat themselves as good as they treat their cars. On this forum at least. I agree the whiskey and cigars are part of the meditation aspect of the healthy lifestyle. Thats the soul part. In moderation of course.
crazy.gif

Agree...
smile.gif

My mother always told me if I put half the energy into self-improvement that I spent on my car, I would be a totally different person.

So I guess this settles it ? SuperTech is the generic version of brand name oil with identical chemical makeup.

Thanks for the clarification guys ! ..... ;0)

Originally Posted By: MrRPM
I take better care of my jeep then my body

would McDonalds be equal to jiffy lube?

Nope. McDonalds food is the equivalent of pouring Mcdonalds grease into your sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back