why does this board censor more than network TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

or broadcast radio for that matter? the censoring here is pretty unreasonable. why is it like that?

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Because that is the way the founder set the rules and meant for them to be interpreted.

And, with rare exception, that's the way folks like it.

+1

From a moderator and user standpoint it's a lot simpler if the line is clearly drawn.

I frequently find post content a lot more offensive compared to foul language.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
wink.gif

But that's more subtle than saying [censored] outright. We appreciate effort, artistry, finesse, and cleverness.

wink.gif

If everything that offended anyone were eliminated from BITOG, this would be a very quiet place. I dare say you wouldn't be here.
grin2.gif

Sometimes simpler is better, eh.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
wink.gif

But that's more subtle than saying [censored] outright. We appreciate effort, artistry, finesse, and cleverness.

I have never found subtlety to be recognized on BITOG. The opposite is the case, and points have to be driven home with a sledge hammer.

Cool, I once spent an evening trying to light safety matches with fingernails only...took ages..result wasn't fun.

I wish things were censored more in society. It is getting bad!

I am glad they censor some things here.

Last edited:
There's a guy in Toronto who's developing a system that pre-processes all visual input before sending it to your eyes, and one day it could be programmed to delete any offensive words before you can see them.

Funny how the selection process runs by moderator views.....let's just say one side gets hit harder than the other. And it's not what some of the regulars USED to gripe about. A recent thread demonstrated this perfectly.

You can do that yourself without all the electronics if you focus yourself well enough.

(not that I'd recommend intentionally shutting out large p0arts of the world because that's not what you want to see)

I recently was reading some information about math teachers -- my son may turn into one -- and saw this: sop****re. That program wouldn't pass the word SOPHOMORE. Geez!

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
There's a guy in Toronto who's developing a system that pre-processes all visual input before sending it to your eyes, and one day it could be programmed to delete any offensive words before you can see them.

That & fat chicks, too....It's called "alcohol". lol

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Originally Posted By: oilyriser

That & fat chicks, too....It's called "alcohol". lol

LOL.gif
That's hilarious. I lol'd at work and that's rare.

It's not as bad as some of our systems up here. We had to modify the list governing one program so that it wouldn't remove the 'operative portions' of "cockroach" and "dickinson."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back