Why does the dealer recommend 3k OCI's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was forced to have mine done at an Acura dealership once when I was working out of town for an extended period. After seeing the $80 charge I went ahead and made them perform the powersteering and windshield wiper motor recalls to make it feel like I wasn't getting ripped so bad. 99% of dealers are rip off artists and unfotunately this one knew I had no choice but to get the oil changed (OLM was at 0).

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I was forced to have mine done at an Acura dealership once when I was working out of town for an extended period. After seeing the $80 charge I went ahead and made them perform the powersteering and windshield wiper motor recalls to make it feel like I wasn't getting ripped so bad. 99% of dealers are rip off artists and unfotunately this one knew I had no choice but to get the oil changed (OLM was at 0).

I live in a city of over 1 million. I always took my wife's Acura for major unwarranted service at a Honda dealer 120 miles south where my parents live. Saved about 50% on service and it was done right. I can't imagine Acura refusing warranty for service done at a honda dealer, and the prices are typically signigicantly lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back