Why does it do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it, that on this forum (and only this forum), whenever I click on a thread, it automatically goes all the way down to the latest post in the thread? It does this even if I have never clicked on that particular thread before. I then have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to begin reading(or, if the thread is over a page long, I have to go back to the first page). It's so annoying!!!
mad.gif
Anyone else have this problem, and is there any way to fix it?

Same here but if it's multiple pages it can go anywhere from last to first or in between. I've never found a way to change it.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Anyone else have this problem, and is there any way to fix it?

It's not a problem, it's a feature. :)

Basically, it takes you to the first of the new set of messages.

Say there is a new thread that has 10 responses. You see it, but you don't click on it. You leave the site. Next time you come back, say next day, that thread now has 15 responses. Those last 5 will be considered "new", so when you click on that thread, it'll take you to post number 11. I find it annoying as well, especially that there is no option to turn this feature off.

takes me to the new posts OK with FF3.

great feature IF you come here everyday. not so great if more intermittent

Same here with my iMac and Apple's Safari browser. I expect it on this site but worth it.

If I clear the BITOG cookies (sign in) and then it will not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back