why does gm have high oil standards and not ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DemoFly
GM in my area (and probably others) is offering a lifetime powertrain warranty.

You have to have dealer only dexos oil changes and 30k mile vehicle services to uphold the warranty. Also, the vehicles lifetime is defined as "Until one of the powertrain components becomes EOL."

Pretty smooth scheme they got going.

Does that mean once some "powertrain component" breaks, end of life is reached? Very shady wording, very open to interpretation.

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
Originally Posted By: DemoFly
GM in my area (and probably others) is offering a lifetime powertrain warranty.

You have to have dealer only dexos oil changes and 30k mile vehicle services to uphold the warranty. Also, the vehicles lifetime is defined as "Until one of the powertrain components becomes EOL."

Pretty smooth scheme they got going.

Does that mean once some "powertrain component" breaks, end of life is reached? Very shady wording, very open to interpretation.

The way the salesman told me is, once a powertrain item on the vehicle is no longer used in production. So typical EOL.

So once they stop using an axleshaft, your entire vehicle lifetime warranty period is over.

I thought they were required by law to provide parts for 10 years? Maybe not fenders but other parts, like anything that would need common replacement. I'd expect 10 years after they stopped using the part, otherwise for the last year's model new buyers would have at most an 11 month warranty instead of 3yr or whatever it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back