Why do people keep calling asking if I want to sell my property?

BTW if you're looking to buy hold off for six months to a year there are bargains coming. If you're selling call a real-estate agent as soon as possible and get out as quick as you can. Yes I'm a Licensed Keller Williams agent.
I've seen some predictions of interest rates being 8% EOY, which I think will price out even mid to upper middle class buyers in the $500k up category. Definitely a nice bump in inventory to be had so worth waiting.

Regarding spam, there was a decrease in calls due to new legislation requiring stricter verification between overseas and US call exchanges (it was easy to open one for spamming purposes). The spammers are getting around this slowly but I have received a lot less calls from India and am actually getting more calls from the US. I used to joke around with them but stopped recently which resulted in less calls, so basically stop answering.

The OP has other properties than just one house. This is key for developers looking to assemble parcels for large projects (warehouse, multi family, etc). Institutional capital is flooded with money looking to invest in real estate right now. They are fighting to get deals to invest in. This is not 2007-2008 as there are lots of cash buyers, tighter lending rules and ARMs aren’t nearly as prevalent. Interest rate increases will slow down the increase in SFH prices in many markets but if you are in a popular market, rents and home prices aren’t going to fall off like some here predict.

The OP has other properties than just one house. This is key for developers looking to assemble parcels for large projects (warehouse, multi family, etc). Institutional capital is flooded with money looking to invest in real estate right now. They are fighting to get deals to invest in. This is not 2007-2008 as there are lots of cash buyers, tighter lending rules and ARMs aren’t nearly as prevalent. Interest rate increases will slow down the increase in SFH prices in many markets but if you are in a popular market, rents and home prices aren’t going to fall off like some here predict.
So prices will basically plateau and stay there until inflation eats away or some other catalyst happens. At some point institutional buyers will sell, maybe during a market crash or some other reason? I can't see them being in the rental business long term.

So prices will basically plateau and stay there until inflation eats away or some other catalyst happens. At some point institutional buyers will sell, maybe during a market crash or some other reason? I can't see them being in the rental business long term.
Life insurance companies like to buy commercial real estate for dependable cash flows. They don’t need to hit home runs and they have property management companies do the day-to-day.

Got one today
Offered 1/4 of its value...trash time.
Yeah, I remember getting a personalized letter from someone who said that they'd love to buy my house because they kept getting outbid by someone else on all the properties they've bid on in the local area and wanted to buy mine directly. Well that just tells me that they're under bidding so no reason to sell it to them. Highest price is to put it on MLS and let the market decide. I remember selling a house once where the owner told me that one of the tenants might be interested in purchasing it but when I told him the price, he was no longer interested and then the house ended up selling over 50k what he wanted to pay.

Yup...
The same here.
They always want my biggest house which is not for sale. Have no credit and want me to carry a mortgage at the rate for top tier credit.
Then they revert to begging...
Of course the value is far below market value too.

Yup...
The same here.
They always want my biggest house which is not for sale. Have no credit and want me to carry a mortgage at the rate for top tier credit.
Then they revert to begging...
Of course the value is far below market value too.

How many houses do you own ?

A lot of companies out there also canvas for telephone leads and then sell those leads to real estate companies.
I suspect moving into the future, most likely faster then electric cars will be the Car Max's of the real estate industry, corporations will make you a cash offer with very low selling costs, you sell, move out in 30 days and the company puts it on the market.
More or less corporations are getting into the home market BIG TIME, like Car Max controls the used car market, the Housing Max's of the future will be the buyers and sellers of property, no one will bother selling their own home anymore.

TO give you an idea = I got a solicitation in the mail from this company and a quote on my home, if I was going to sell I would Defintatly call them and find out EXACTLY the cost involved because their initial offer was right where it should have been.

I keep getting phone calls to buy someone else's house (which they presume is mine) that the real owner apparently fat fingered my phone number in by mistake somewhere and now I am in a recent homebuyer database. I got tired and responded with yes sure you can buy it, come on down we will work face to face. Still get calls all the time for mortgage refi as well for that address. Whatever they can refi, sure.

Back