Why do people keep calling asking if I want to sell my property?

This thread has NOTHING to do with if you should answer the phone or not .

What if the call is from the police or a doctor after your spouse, kid, relative was in a car accident.
That reminds me of a comment the wife of one of my friends made. I sleep in the buff. She can't imagine doing that because "what if your house catches on fire and you had to run outside".

Yeah right, my house is burning down, my biggest financial investment, and I'll be outside without clothes for a few minutes until a neighbor brings me a blanket to wrap myself in. Big deal.

People awfulize everything now days. I'm surprised people like her drive to the grocery to buy food. They might be killed in an automobile accident on the way there.

Scott

They’re aren’t house flippers. Those guys are working for corporate landlords. As major cities have some form of rent control and you can only build so many “luxury” apartments which are to cities as tract homes are to the suburbs, the big landlords(such as Wedgewood and Blackstone) are turning to the suburbs in their quest for a state of serfdom.

"Why do people keep calling to ask.....anything..." Because it's easy to do and can lead to making money.
Ditto for the post cards. They're cheap to mail and can result in a sale or be filtered and placed on a list of "hotter leads".
All they have to do is man, or dial, a phone or obtain a mailing list somewhere and take it to a commercial printer with a postal permit (receipt for bulk mailings).

They call it work and can be as self-righteous about it as anyone else.

They can leave a message.

Assuming I didn't hang up on them... but if it was important, they'll just call back.
Ah yes but if, like you, they don't answer the phone to numbers not on their regular list you'll never get to speak to one another.

The "new normal" isn't always better.

I think there should be a nominal charge (like 5 cents) for making a phone call. Normal people might pay a couple of dollars a month. They could even reduce the price of the monthly phone bill so normal people would break even. Telemarketers and scammers who make hundreds or thousands of calls a day would pay serious money.

It's a lack of inventory issue plus the flippers are hunting for bargains. A friend of mine was looking for a house and found one being sold by the owners. I stole the house from under them for her. The day after closing I could have listed that home for $40K more than she paid. On the other hand when I'm representing the seller I go for as much as I can get out of the buyers.

BTW if you're looking to buy hold off for six months to a year there are bargains coming. If you're selling call a real-estate agent as soon as possible and get out as quick as you can. Yes I'm a Licensed Keller Williams agent.
With the fleeing from California to states like Utah, Nevada, Arizona, etc., I find this statement hard to believe. EVERYTHING I HAVE READ says demand is vastly out pacing inventory and the fundamentals on a real estate bubble just isn't there. A consequence of (post COVID) you can work from home anywhere you want to relocate as long as you have an Internet connection.

Ah yes but if, like you, they don't answer the phone to numbers not on their regular list you'll never get to speak to one another.

The "new normal" isn't always better.

I think there should be a nominal charge (like 5 cents) for making a phone call. Normal people might pay a couple of dollars a month. They could even reduce the price of the monthly phone bill so normal people would break even. Telemarketers and scammers who make hundreds or thousands of calls a day would pay serious money.
If they are using VOIP a phone call costs almost nothing.

This is getting as annoying as the calls about your extended warranty. I get them five or ten times a day for not just my home buy my storage places and warehouses. It's like they are just going through the property tax records and making random calls. Is this because of all the real estate flipping seminars and courses? Do they suggest finding flips this way? Making low ball offers and expecting 1 out of 1,000 might bite?

Some realtors are now prostituting themselves and knocking on doors telling home owners they can get them ___% over the value of their home.

Must be bad with such little inventory and they have to be knocking on doors.

My manager just told me he was offered $200k (40%) over what he paid for his 4 yr newly built home. He spent 3-weeks trying to find a new place and the numbers just didn't work out.
That's the problem these days . Sell high , then turn around and buy high .

Reactions: JC1
Why the "hold off for 6 months to 1 year"? Is the sign of collapse coming? Which signal?
Signals for a reduction have been glowing white for a year.

A market can only be supported without fundamental improvements for so long before a correction occurs.

Interest increases along with foreclosures will reduce “prices” by themselves, let alone all the other failures in the wing
If they are using VOIP a phone call costs almost nothing.
VOIP can be forced to pay connection charges just like anyone else, just because we don’t is a societal failure.

Would be fun to make scammers pay the fire and emergency charges

Some realtors are now prostituting themselves and knocking on doors telling home owners they can get them ___% over the value of their home.

Must be bad with such little inventory and they have to be knocking on doors.

Realators are quitting in droves, which usually in a normal world means a real estate correction is immenint
The trouble is all the bailout money drunk commercial interests buying homes, 75% of homes in this area were purchased by a commercial entity, some areas are much lower but 35% corporate in the nationwide home market is still a massive manipulator of prices

Last edited:
Or apocollapse?
It's coming sooner than later. We are in a huge Real Estate bubble and most people think the good times are going to go on forever. We just passed 5% mortgages this week and I'm expecting 6.0% or higher by the end of the year. It's 2007 all over again but this time it's going to be worse. Look at inflation and interest rates are climbing? We are already ready slipping into a recession but as always the media is way behind the ball on this one. Check out Sage Logics on YT he's into the shipping industry. Listen to what he's telling you and showing you on what is happening with the volume of freight being shipped across the country.

Signals for a reduction have been glowing white for a year.

A market can only be supported without fundamental improvements for so long before a correction occurs.

Interest increases along with foreclosures will reduce “prices” by themselves, let alone all the other failures in the wing

VOIP can be forced to pay connection charges just like anyone else, just because we don’t is a societal failure.

Would be fun to make scammers pay the fire and emergency charges

Realators are quitting in droves, which usually in a normal world means a real estate correction is immenint
The trouble is all the bailout money drunk commercial interests buying homes, 75% of homes in this area were purchased by a commercial entity, some areas are much lower but 35% corporate in the nationwide home market is still a massive manipulator of prices
Yes, I do agree but how sure are you with the next 6 months to 1 year?

The 2015-now tech boom are mainly driven by big money having nothing else to buy in the market so they have to "create new things" to invest in, sovereign fund, oil money, hedge fund, etc. They also drive up property prices after that because nothing is paying enough interest and dividend to justify that. Residential SFH is just one of them (the other is the massive farmland holding today by big funds).

So yes it will eventually collapse, but when and whether it gets inflated away first or not.

Compliments of monetary policy over the last decade or longer. Investors looking for yield turned to residential real estate combined with the ability of lending institutions to create credit out of thin air acts as lubricant.

Back