Why do people keep calling asking if I want to sell my property?

This is getting as annoying as the calls about your extended warranty. I get them five or ten times a day for not just my home buy my storage places and warehouses. It's like they are just going through the property tax records and making random calls. Is this because of all the real estate flipping seminars and courses? Do they suggest finding flips this way? Making low ball offers and expecting 1 out of 1,000 might bite?

Because 1/1000 they will get one that are going to sell anyways and will just pick this agent instead of someone random off the street.

I only wish I had an asbestos laden, lead paint covered, termite infested property built on an old toxic waste site with a leaking gas tank buried in the yard just so I could screw them.

You won't, a trash sells for a trash's worth regardless of who offers to buy it.

Because 1/1000 they will get one that are going to sell anyways and will just pick this agent instead of someone random off the street.

You won't, a trash sells for a trash's worth regardless of who offers to buy it.
I flipped houses in the 80's and 90's and I have seen many crappy properties and houses go for well over there real
value. Not bought by flippers but regular people because they had a vision to make it theirs and that usually
is a bad idea. Like run down farmhouses. I usually sold the farmhouse as is and developed the land instead.
You can throw $200K into them and still have a turd.

It's a lack of inventory issue plus the flippers are hunting for bargains. A friend of mine was looking for a house and found one being sold by the owners. I stole the house from under them for her. The day after closing I could have listed that home for $40K more than she paid. On the other hand when I'm representing the seller I go for as much as I can get out of the buyers.

BTW if you're looking to buy hold off for six months to a year there are bargains coming. If you're selling call a real-estate agent as soon as possible and get out as quick as you can. Yes I'm a Licensed Keller Williams agent.

It's a lack of inventory issue plus the flippers are hunting for bargains. A friend of mine was looking for a house and found one being sold by the owners. I stole the house from under them for her. The day after closing I could have listed that home for $40K more than she paid. On the other hand when I'm representing the seller I go for as much as I can get out of the buyers.

BTW if you're looking to buy hold off for six months to a year there are bargains coming. If you're selling call a real-estate agent as soon as possible and get out as quick as you can. Yes I'm a Licensed Keller Williams agent.

Why the "hold off for 6 months to 1 year"? Is the sign of collapse coming? Which signal?

I imagine it's because you've lived there for years and you're in a good location. We get these calls all time. We even received a "as is" cash offer in the mail.

Back