Why did you join/How did you find BITOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellas! After readings mailman74's thread and some discussion on post counts, what led you to find BITOG here on the wide web? How did you find it? Car problems? Recommendation? Post your stories!

At the time (2002) I was working for the Pennzoil-Quaker State Oil Company and had a friend that worked for Schaeffer's Oil Company. He told me about Bob and his selling of Schaeffer's products in Florida and the new site he had started. Bob welcomed me and the rest is history.

Bob invited me. **** bothered me a bit too as I recall, maybe a couple other guys as well. I was told he needed some Amsoil guys to abuse. I was reluctant at first (and delayed for months), but my oil junky little guy kicked in....Bob kinda discovered I wasn't so easily kicked around. The rest is long history....

I got a saturn with known sticky piston rings and was looking for soemthing that wouldn't coke up.

Back in about 2003 I was raving about the "wonders" of Rislone Engine Treatment in the oil forum at Ford-Trucks.com when someone told me to look at a UOA of Rislone that was posted at BITOG. Was the first time I had heard of BITOG. I quickly ended my love affair with Rislone and started getting extremly OCD about motor oil. This is the best web bulletin board I have ever found, so I will probably always be here, though not as much as when I was oil OCD.

Back in 2003 looking for info on Redline MTL for my 91 Explorer
with Mazda 5 speed transmission after factory ATF caused major transmission failure

You mean the DODGE man?
lol.gif

At the time I found this site, I had recently bought a truck that ran extremely well, but had sludge so bad to the point that the logo on the valve cover was formed in the sludge like a jello mold, and I didn't have the time to pull the engine out of the truck to thoroughly clean it, so I started digging around online to find products that could help me out with cleaning my engine internals and I came across this site in the process.

If I hadn't found it when I did, I'd have found it by now, as it comes up on the first couple pages of google results for LOTS of car related stuff.

I was talking motor oil somewhere else on one of the 20 other forums I belong to and one of founders was there and said come here, so I did. I left for many years cuz of the UOA weenies after they could not putup/shut up. I refound the place when searching for price for the 507.00 vw spec I need for my TDI-J

I was talking motor oil somewhere else on one of the 20 other forums I belong to and one of founders was there and said come here, so I did. I left for many years cuz of the UOA weenies after they could not putup/shut up. I refound the place when searching for price for the 507.00 vw spec I need for my TDI-J

I was on an auto repair newsgroup (remember newsgroups) and a poster was raving about Restore. Bror Jace commented, mentioning BITOG. Oddly, I haven't seen his name much since.

I don't recall how I found it back in 2003, but it continues to be the absolute best automotive forum around.

Joel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back