Why Auto-RX and not Amsoil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why use auto rx instead use Amsoil ASL or SSO.

They contain esters and have a strong cleaning power, I saw a video and I was surprised if I find it I will post.

Cuz it's just like liquor, it's quicker than flowers and cards
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Mephy
I'm wondering why use auto rx instead use Amsoil ASL or SSO.

They contain esters and have a strong cleaning power, I saw a video and I was surprised if I find it I will post.
If anything I would run Red-Line. It's mostly ester based and does a super job at cleaning engines from what I have read here and pictures I have seen of engine internals running it. Amsoil does make a darn fine product but if you are looking to clean an engine using an oil, try Red-line for the best results. Amsoil would be my second choice in this regard. Now if you have a clean engine and want to keep it that way I would use Amsoil, Redline or Mobil-1

I tried RX engine saw but Amsoil since 1,000 miles. RX was in at 114,000 miles ran it for 8,000 miles. Did a rinse for 3,000 miles.

I would say my engine was pretty clean with Amsoil but I wanted to see if I could get a performance gain with RX.

Oil became quite dark quickly with the RX and heard funny noises during the clean phase.

Auto-RX results: I have a stronger tighter feeling when accelerating. Performance did increase with RX. I'm quite please with the results.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
I tried RX engine saw but Amsoil since 1,000 miles. RX was in at 114,000 miles ran it for 8,000 miles. Did a rinse for 3,000 miles.

I would say my engine was pretty clean with Amsoil but I wanted to see if I could get a performance gain with RX.

Oil became quite dark quickly with the RX and heard funny noises during the clean phase.

Auto-RX results: I have a stronger tighter feeling when accelerating. Performance did increase with RX. I'm quite please with the results.

If you really wanted measurable results, you should have taken compression readings before and after. It is great to see for yourself how it isn't a placebo effect and it doesn't matter what oil was used in the car before. Auto-RX does what oils cant.

No motor oil can have very high cleaning properties. Someone would put it into a very dirty engine, cause the glop to come loose, the oil system would be plugged, and the engine die$. Motor oil can, and should, have very, very slow cleaning properties.

Auto-Rx has special directions for cleaning sludged engines and liquifies the goop rather than possibly loosening it en masse.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Cuz it's just like liquor, it's quicker than flowers and cards
grin2.gif

Too Funny!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Which oil for clean/rinse?

I used the Amsoil HD 5w-30 after 5,000 miles in went RX. Ran it for 8,000 miles with 2 qts makeup oil-Chevron Supreme SAE 30.

Rinse Chevron Supreme SAE 30.

During clean phase had a card board box blocking radiator...and 3 times a week hard 5 minute runs on a steep incline with hot oil.

My objective was to see if RX would give a performance improvement and it did.

Is Amsoil HD 5W30 dino? My Mazda radiator blocked almost completetly by cardboard, quick warm up and runs very hot. Changed filter yesterday as just to noisy, will cut it open tomorrow to see what's in there.

Because not all esters are good cleaners. Red line uses polyol esters which do have some cleaning ability. ARX utilizes polyol esters as well, but the real cleaning comes from the lanolin esters, found only in ARX.

Not saying anything NEG here, but if you use Amsoil it will keep it clean. I have seen it in many UOA, pulling of VC etc. Cars with over 100K miles that look nice.. Also the same can be said for dino but changed much sooner.

Arx will keep it clean and clean a poorly maintained engine..Is one more needed then the other, I cannot say yes/no.

Lanolin ester are for sale all over FYI.

I like Amsoil and ARX..I use ARX to clean, if needed and Amsoil to maintain it. I know some will say the ring pack issue but YMMV.

Heck, you can use LC20 to do the same, 131, kero etc...Pick your fluid folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back