Why are quotes broken on so many posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of nested quotes has been a boon for readability particularly when two parties go back and forth quoting the entire thread to date.

This is how the post appears for me on Win 10 + Firefox:

1665260613809.jpg

View attachment 120215
Beats me ... I logged out and back in, which cleared all cookies (verified in Firefox), and I still don't see the boxes separating the posts. No boxes seen on my Android phone either.

Also, just updated Firefox to latest version and no change ... no separating boxes.

^^^ Just looked at that post in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome ... and the separating boxes ARE there in both of those browsers.

1665262420757.png

Strange that Firefox on one Win 10 machine behaves differently than on another. Is your Firefox version the latest version of 105.0.3 ?

Using the dark theme logged in on Edge it is broken, but not logged in in private with the default theme it appears to work correctly.

I just went and cycled through the themes, the dark theme seems to be broken but none of the others.
Good catch, and that's the issue for me since I like the dark mode because it's easier on the eyes.

But ... as I showed in post #6 is wasn't always like that in dark mode. See below, which is an old snip-it when my Firefox was in dark mode. Seems the quote box outline is either gone, or not showing as white but instead black in dark mode.

1665270090814.png

Note - Dark Mode is also missing the quote boxes when using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers.

I have lightened the body of the quote box, which will help. The problem with all quotes being run together is with how UBB was migrated to XF. If you have a post you want me to fix, you'll have to PM me and I'll fix it manually.

I have lightened the body of the quote box, which will help. The problem with all quotes being run together is with how UBB was migrated to XF. If you have a post you want me to fix, you'll have to PM me and I'll fix it manually.
But why do they work properly under all the themes but the dark theme?

The tweak didn't fix the missing boarders on nested quotes in Dark Mode. It instead made the whole quote window grey when in Dark Mode. Examples below.

The two following post are the same ones, but one is in Dark Mode and the other in the Default Mode. Quote box is still missing in Dark Mode.

Quote box is missing:
1682363235472.png

Quote box is there:
1682363258172.png

This is what the quote reply box looks like now in Dark Mode and Default Mode ... it's gray, and much more gray looking in Dark Mode.
1682363274402.png

1682363469062.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back