Why are quotes broken on so many posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zee,

The quote box is missing in the older posts because of the way the browser is interpreting the tag that was used during the import.

Zee,

The quote box is missing in the older posts because of the way the browser is interpreting the tag that was used during the import.
But they work fine on all the themes except the dark theme, it's still only broken on the dark theme. Also lightening the quote box has made reading any quotes worse, the contrast of white on dark grey is kind of hard to read.

Update:

I still see a lot of quotes (from previous posts) that are immediately followed with other quotes or post(s) from another member without any separation or boundary. This makes it very hard to read.

I was about to ask but then saw this thread. Anyways, I was just searching for something and reading a thread from 2009 and the other day iirc, from 2002.

doesn't seem like it's worth the effort to manually fix every thread if I understand the process correctly. So I won't complain. lol

It may required many full-time employees to fix them manually, unless there is an automated way to fix these as I still see MANY threads like that.

I still see a lot of quotes (from previous posts) that are immediately followed with other quotes or post(s) from another member without any separation or boundary. This makes it very hard to read.
Are you using "Dark Mode"? If so, don't use it and the quote separation boxes should then show up ... that was my experience.

Are you using "Dark Mode"? If so, don't use it and the quote separation boxes should then show up ... that was my experience.

I am using the dark mode if that's the one with the black background and white letters. It seems to be easier on my eyes (it has higher HTHS) but not a big deal. Will try another mode (maybe the white background) the next time I run into one of those threads and will report back.

I switched from the "Dark Mode" (black background) to the bitog default (white/red) and all is ok.
Go MOFT! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back