Why are email notifications spotty/not working?

Why are email notifications spotty/not working?

Every once in awhile one or two come, much later. What's up? Used to work fine.
In our outgoing email log, I see many emails going to you on a regular basis. I would try changing where your email is delivered for a couple hours and see the difference, then decide from there.

In our outgoing email log, I see many emails going to you on a regular basis. I would try changing where your email is delivered for a couple hours and see the difference, then decide from there.
I changed my email address I use here.

Oddly I got some notifications from responses to posts this am. Sent to the OLD email address!

I changed my email address I use here.

Oddly I got some notifications from responses to posts this am. Sent to the OLD email address!
SMTP allows for delayed delivery when the recipient MTA is not reachable. I believe something was up with the MTA at your email host. It could have been down for updates or overloaded.

Same email since joining, same experience as you Pablo. Sometimes there will be an email, but most times not.

Same email since joining, same experience as you Pablo. Sometimes there will be an email, but most times not.
All of your email notifications were turned off. I turned them on, if you want to change them, look in your profile under preferences.

@Pablo

I just got this failure message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> [Pablo's_email_address] (while not connected): 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max retries without delivery

My conjecture was correct, your email host is having some problems.

@Pablo

I just got this failure message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> [Pablo's_email_address] (while not connected): 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max retries without delivery

My conjecture was correct, your email host is having some problems.
Cheapass as cheapass is. No surprises. I'll just hit the watched list, probably turn off notifications.

Back