Why are all Facebook Messanger inquires from people with no history?

What's the difference. It's all about bragging to friends and strangers posting your status and updating your feeds to stroke your ego. I'm by the pool in Palm Springs, look at me. I'm scarfing down steak and lobster at this pricey restaurant, look at me, I'm taking a dump on a gold lined toilet, look at me.
Only old people use Facebook

What's the difference. It's all about bragging to friends and strangers posting your status and updating your feeds to stroke your ego. I'm by the pool in Palm Springs, look at me. I'm scarfing down steak and lobster at this pricey restaurant,
Friends, strangers and FAMILY. Most used is FB Messenger. Think of FB as "gossiping on the telephone" back in the old days...
Not only is it for gossip, you can get announcements out fast, and message persons of interest.

I would use it if the privacy policy was better.

Many people are spooked by Facebook and read the something wing news it’s bad or evil etc. However they know it’s the only place you can find stuff to buy and sell easily, participate in special interest groups and give in with their empty profiles.

You definitely complain about free to use platforms like google or Facebook which make you money selling cars. Just work with it.

The wife uses Messenger. We have family and friends all over the globe. Between that and FaceTime she can communicate for free. Sometimes the global chats have several people in them.

I'd gladly pay a fee to list something to get rid of the scammers and junk.
I'd gladly pay a fee to list something to get rid of the scammers and junk.
Dealing with scammers and junk are part of your business unfortunately. As essentially a private car seller you take that on . Otherwise you can pay someone else to sell your vehicle or acquire it.

I found selling a $5000 2000 Tundra 4x4 with 120k frustrating too however reading the opening line of prospect on FB messenger easy to know if I replied with interest in selling and continue conversation or told them it was pending . The emoji for 👎 is easy to click if they start out are you willing to take xxxxx.

Dealing with scammers and junk are part of your business unfortunately. As essentially a private car seller you take that on . Otherwise you can pay someone else to sell your vehicle or acquire it.

I found selling a $5000 2000 Tundra 4x4 with 120k frustrating too however reading the opening line of prospect on FB messenger easy to know if I replied with interest in selling and continue conversation or told them it was pending . The emoji for 👎 is easy to click if they start out are you willing to take xxxxx.

Now you have thrown a curveball. Part of frugality is to always see "how low can you go" on price, without being a lowballer or being disrespectful. On Craigslist, you would get automated e-mails offering $50, $300, Playstation 2s, and disabled veterans that are blind that really need your car for wildly fake amounts and methods. Those are legit spams. Also phone calls of recordings of people that want to help sell your car. All of these "nuisance" communications, since none are serious.

But if you are selling a car with $5000 and you message something like "Will you take $4200" (I don't think I would consider 20% less with low margins,) maybe meet in the middle at $4500 or $4600.. especially, since, having been somewhat of a "private car flipper" before, there are still fees of registration and tags. Can't get around that.

My personal experience has been that the buying public is cheap (if you're the business owner) or frugal (if you're the one being cheap in the eyes of the business owner) and there isn't really any money in that model.

And, of course, to get cars from an auction, you need a dealer license and in that instance, trying to sell them private sale is illegal on a dealer car.

Last edited:
What's the point of that? Isn't social media all about having as many followers as possible? Who is going to follow somebody with no details?
NO that isnt the point about social media. (not sure if you are kidding with the above post) *L*
The point is whatever someone makes of using free media.
Many people with real life friends and family converse among themselves and keep their information private. They dont want, nor need to be followed by strangers and criminals.

Many people with real life friends and family converse among themselves and keep their information private. They dont want, nor need to be followed by strangers and criminals.
That's what email is for if you want a private conversation. If you want to brag about yourself and post updates of your activities, you 'book it. And the whole notion of asking total strangers to "friend" you is kind of icky, if not pathetic, as in you can't make friends in real life, only virtually.

If your not on Facebook, your in the dark ages or just choose not too, that's ok but the ignorant posts about age of users on the internet shows the ignorance and mis -information rampant on the internet ... the the people who criticize dont even both to fact check what they are posting and somehow on the internet of things it becomes False Facts/Fake News..

Almost 25% of users are 18 to 24 years old AND 82% (EIGHTY TWO PERCENT) are college graduates and over 75% of Facebook users have incomes above the national average..

USA Specific =

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 9.50.44 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I don't use Facebook.

Just may delete mine but then what if I ever needed to use FB Messenger in a weird instance. But that's just me.

Two other annoying things about FBMP users.

1) I'm sitting at the computer and see they just sent me a message asking about something. 10 seconds later I reply with an answer or I ask for some clarification. Then I wait and wait for a reply. I see that they haven't even read my answer, but if they just sent it 30 seconds ago, why not? They still must be on the computer and they must get notification. Bizarre.

2) All my listings are in English but often times I get questions written in a language I don't read. Why would anyone assume I can read some other language when my listings are in English? Bizarre. That never happens on Craigslist.

What's the difference. It's all about bragging to friends and strangers posting your status and updating your feeds to stroke your ego. I'm by the pool in Palm Springs, look at me. I'm scarfing down steak and lobster at this pricey restaurant, look at me, I'm taking a dump on a gold lined toilet, look at me.
Right on atikovi! (y) And don't forget all the chicks who think everyone wants to see them making a duckface.

That's what email is for if you want a private conversation.
Where's that rule written down at ?

If you despise FB or FB Marketplace so much, don't use it. Period. If you continue to use it, you're a hypocrite or just whining.

Back