Why are all Facebook Messanger inquires from people with no history?

About the only benefit of FBMP over Craigslist was that you could read through a person's profile to determine if he's a psycho or an ax murderer before replying. Now it seems like most of the people that reply to an ad have nothing in their profiles. Why?

Untitled.jpg

Now it seems like most of the people that reply to an ad have nothing in their profiles. Why?

View attachment 106067
old people have started using Facebook to buy stuff of Marketplace and don't care about anything else and haven't filled anything else out or uploaded a pic either due to their lack of understanding of how to or they don't care too.

I'd think if they were fake or set-up-to-scam profiles, they at least include some warm and fuzzy details and pictures to inspire confidence.

In my experience selling oil, all the no profile pic profiles with nothing posted on them were old guys in like their 70s when they showed up.

What's the difference. It's all about bragging to friends and strangers posting your status and updating your feeds to stroke your ego. I'm by the pool in Palm Springs, look at me. I'm scarfing down steak and lobster at this pricey restaurant, look at me, I'm taking a dump on a gold lined toilet, look at me.

What's the difference. It's all about bragging to friends and strangers posting your status and updating your feeds to stroke your ego. I'm by the pool in Palm Springs, look at me. I'm scarfing down steak and lobster at this pricey restaurant, look at me, I'm taking a dump on a gold lined toilet, look at me.
Not really, Facebook is more of the place where you add your close friends and only post things you find interesting, most people just reshare funny pictures over and over again.

Facebook Marketplace has become "scammer central" in the last couple of years. This applies to both sides, buyers and sellers. I strongly suspect that you are witnessing this phenomenon first hand.

My facebook looks like that, why risk my job if someone dosen't like my views or opinions? Plus it helps my name is almost as common John Smith. Besides if you need my info to sell me a widget, I would rather not have it.

Why are you replying? I doubt you have even 400 friends....

I am not on Facebook. Minds would be my go-to, but you can't see any pages, they are behind a login wall.

I'd think if they were fake or set-up-to-scam profiles, they at least include some warm and fuzzy details and pictures to inspire confidence.
Go ahead and sell to them. Boggles me why you ask for people's opinion on topics like this (NO ONE HAS FACTUAL ANSWERS FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS), then effectively argue about the answer.

Again, start a conversation with them and sell to them.

i have a FB account just to follow a couple of clubs and for market place . i have no info on it other than my name. no friends nothing. i never post either. if those clubs would use another method to post things i would dump FB

Back