Why all the panic and fear about changing oil brands or slight change in weight ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many posts of people scared to change weight slightly or to change from one brand to another. Such panic.. do flushes...dont do flushes..be sure to throw away a working pvc valve and replace it over and over. Just a bunch of scared people that dont know anything and are frightened of doing the same or different...
The car getting oil changed at a resonable period in time or miles with the recomended weight.. or close.. and the correct spec to protect the engine is all you need to do.
Move on with your fears and change more fluids would be smarter. Change auto trans fluid at 30 or 45 k. Change diff fluid..change coolant. Brake fluid.. power steer fluid. Not to insane excess... just according to the car service schedule.. the only terrible advice comes from telling people cvt or auto trans fluid is lifetime. It will get past warranty and you may have an expensive problem..

;)

Capture.PNG

I’m reading here that a lot of car owners think that their cars have “feelings”. They describe scenarios where the care “likes” this brand or that, or a particular weight. All of my vehicles I’ve ever owned only reacted to changes in air/fuel mixtures, or timing alterations. And even those are controlled by the ECM systems in current times (40 years). I’ve had ****ty oil filters cause rattling on initial start but I’ve learned to avoid those. In summation I’ve never seen, heard, or felt differences in brands or weights. Just my .02.

So many posts of people scared to change weight slightly or to change from one brand to another. Such panic.. do flushes...dont do flushes..be sure to throw away a working pvc valve and replace it over and over. Just a bunch of scared people that dont know anything and are frightened of doing the same or different...
The car getting oil changed at a resonable period in time or miles with the recomended weight.. or close.. and the correct spec to protect the engine is all you need to do.
Move on with your fears and change more fluids would be smarter. Change auto trans fluid at 30 or 45 k. Change diff fluid..change coolant. Brake fluid.. power steer fluid. Not to insane excess... just according to the car service schedule.. the only terrible advice comes from telling people cvt or auto trans fluid is lifetime. It will get past warranty and you may have an expensive problem..
remember too add moly dont add moly..... 🤣

I’m reading here that a lot of car owners think that their cars have “feelings”. They describe scenarios where the care “likes” this brand or that, or a particular weight. All of my vehicles I’ve ever owned only reacted to changes in air/fuel mixtures, or timing alterations. And even those are controlled by the ECM systems in current times (40 years). I’ve had ****ty oil filters cause rattling on initial start but I’ve learned to avoid those. In summation I’ve never seen, heard, or felt differences in brands or weights. Just my .02.
I'm convinced that the VAST MAJORITY of such posts as you described are utter nonsense........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back