Why all the FUSS with German Castrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMW syn doesn't seem to get the best UOA results. I decided to try either Mobil 1 0W40 or AmsOil. GC is actually easier for me to find than Mobil 1 0W40 or AmsOil. I also want an oil that is BMW LongLife certified.

BYW, I don't understand all the "it may change" comments. Look at the last 2 years of Mobil 1's formula changes.

Oh, was this a rhetorical question?

I did apologize and everything is cool again as Patman stated. GC is a great oil and I'm glad that it's working for everyone using it. Thats all that matters!
cheers.gif

I can't find the stuff. My local Autozone just has the American 0w30. I think we're all just guinea pigs.
confused.gif

My GC testimonial. I have this oil in my wife's car and put it in my car for its first time.

For the past 3k miles I've have a terrible clucking noise coming from either a loose engine mount or my exhaust hitting a sway bar. This noise occured after a tranny rebuild and install.

30 miles after putting the GC oil in my car, the noise went away. Coincidence, I DON'T THINK SO.

Seriously, I like the oil only because its green....

quote:

Originally posted by geeeman:
OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
confused.gif

...and I think everybody here has it!!!

quote:

I guess one other reason is that I've had my truck for 5 1/2 years and I'm getting tired of it. I really don't care anymore if it lasts forever or not.

If you use almost any modern oil, and change it frequently, chances are your modern cars engine will last a really long time...the reality is that it gets frustrating when the engine is still good, but numerous other components are starting to fail with age, and the squeeks and rattles are increasing, and the paint is losing some of it's shine etc.

Ask any kid how long he is going to keep his new Civic/Mustang/RSX/Cavalier/F150 etc. and he'll say "forever man, I love this car..." Go see that same kid 3 years down the road, and half of them will have sold it !!!

OCD : Admitting you have it is the first step...

confused.gif
shocked.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Didn't you mean GCD?
freak2.gif

Hey guys....what should I do?....run my mix of M1 10W-30/15W-50 with 350ml of #132 for 4k miles or drain it out with only 3k and put GC in?
The mix should be pretty interesting to see in this LS1....but so should be the GC....hmmm
dunno.gif

Rick

Z, how many miles are on the mix sample now? Why not wait another 1k miles to hit 4k? I for one, would rather use an oil that you don't have to doctor up. GC is one that doesn't need to be. It's viscosity seems ideal for LS1's as does ASL Amsoil. If you have the M1 laying around, I'd use it in another vehicle maybe.

Buster;
Yesterday you posted in the Toyota thread that you use Auto Rx with every oil change.
Today you state that you would rather use an oil that you don't have to "doctor up".
I'd like to follow your advice, as I consider you the oil gru of all time,
bowdown.gif
but you are going to have to set the record straight for we commoners.
worshippy.gif

quote:

Buster;
Yesterday you posted in the Toyota thread that you use Auto Rx with every oil change.

Are you serious? Buster, say it ain't so! That can't be good. That's like giving your car an enema for no reason. Well, to each his own I guess.
rolleyes.gif

My mother used to say "your never too old to learn a new instrument".

[ November 08, 2003, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: userfriendly ]

I add a maintenance dose of 3oz with every other oil change. No LC and no mixing of viscosities. I PREFER not to mix other things with the oil but I have considered using LC and 132 before.
wink.gif
userfriendly, read the posts correctly. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back