Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's using it?

What's your experience with it?

What kind of application?

Driving style?

I'm curious to try it...
thumbsup2.gif

I'm not looking for crazy long drain intervals, just 15K KM (9K Miles) or less.

My oil is covered by the mileage my job pays me, so 9K Miles (15K KM) is good enough for me.
wink.gif

I was thinking about trying the 0w30.

How does the oil hold up aside from TBN & long drain intervals?

Engine runs great, 30-31 mpg on the highway at 70-75mph even with the thick 5w-40 oil. I also have Red Line D4 in the transmission, shifts smoother, Red Line 75w-90 in the limited slip diff and Red line Power Steering fluid.

I have wonderful results with Amsoil which is primarily PAO so I want to see what a GRP-V oil with Polyolester (sp?) would do.

Fantastic oil, and the best I have used to date (including M1, PP, Syntec, RP, Amsoil, etc...).

Application is an older inline-6 BMW that was mainly a weekend canyon carver & occasionally saw the track. Not as good of a long-drain oil as Amsoil, but definitely made the engine. 10k miles should be no problem for Redline.

Will be going back to German Castrol or M1 5w40 TDT in the BMW until the DINAN turbo is installed later this year, at which point I'll be going back to Redline.

I haven't run it for a while and don't have any UOA's to give you but will give a general impression. Have run it in some high HP muscle cars, hot rods, and a few daily drivers. Mostly MOPAR and GM V8's( old and new )with a couple new(er)GM V6's thrown in and one ( 1988 )Mitsubishi 4cyl. Been a while since I last used it but it is a good company with great products so if anything a newer forumla would be a better oil than I used.

My impression is that it performs about the same as Royal Purple in the applications I have tried it( longest I ever ran it was 13K running a Moroso racing oil filter changed 1/2 way and then the oil was topped off ). Actually, the times I used it was when I needed oil and could not get any RP but wanted a top of the line oil. I have put some engines running both RP and Redline through the wringer let me tell you( I was a "spirited driver/drag racer in my youth
LOL.gif
)and both oils did really well.
thumbsup2.gif
Like RP, Redline seems to quiet the engine down noticeably and smooth it out. You "might" see a small bump in fuel economy as well.

I would never hesitate to use or recommend Redline. It is some great stuff. I see a lot of people stroke out over the cost of Royal Purple and Amsoil though which are cheaper. If they are too expensive for you then you don't want to buy Redline. Otherwise knock yourself out. Would be a very good choice.

I've used Redline 5-w20 for the last 80,000 miles on an '03 CRV, changed every 5,000 miles, which is no doubt more often than necessary.

As far as I can tell, she's perfectly clean inside.

The first tune-up is due in less than 10,000 miles but she still runs like new, with no sign of anything wrong at all. No maintenance at all except brake pads and fluid changes, always using the Honda brand fluids except for the Redline in the engine.

We just drove to Nashville and back (630 mile round trip) and got about 31 mpg average.

If that's the 14k oci, it's good but you can also look and see GTX at 9k without any additives and TBN at 4.

fwiw, Redline SAE 40 is what RealTime Racing uses in their TSXs. There is a serious oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back