Who's got the first frost of the fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know, its late summer, but where I live its almost early fall.

Last night, 32 degrees at my house when I got up. Frost on the windshield, and thank G** my better half and I covered the garden. The forecast is for a threat of frost tonight again. Bummer.

wow! Frost already? I heard there was a frost warning in Oregon last night. Frost just doesn't kill off the garden, it kills off nasty allergies.
smile.gif

It's just not in my vocabulary given my location. For the first time since early summer, it's in the 70's and 80's rather than the humid 90's.

Strange, because we've been having spring weather for the last month of Autumn. Shorts and singlets on the second day of spring is unheard of in these parts.

Well, this is cold country. On Aug. 30 about 6 years ago, we had 6 1/2" of snow at my house. Luckily, we had covered the garden. We see -30 to
-40 below every winter, sometimes for quite a few days in a row. Thank G-- for the wood cookstove that we have, which is centrally located in our house, and which heats the whole house, even at
-30 below (the house is only 13 years old and is very well insullated and tightly built), and for the wood stove in the garage, which is also tightly built and well insullated.

I DID have a sweat jacket with the sweat pants yesterday AM. It was cool (low 40's I guess). I suddenly became naked when I started to sweat.

The day highs were uncharacteristically warm. Maybe 85°+ today. Yikes.

northern maine had frost in low lying valleys 2 weeks ago. we've had an odd summer, went from literally 100F to mid 70's to mid 60's. went from way too hot to way too cold. it's only 62F (and rather breezy)out now. it's about 10F colder than it "should" be.

We won't see it until late September or October. I always look forward to fall. Love the riot of fall color , as well as the promise of winter and snow.

quote:

Originally posted by NJC:
Mark, when I was up north in early July, it was light until 11pm. But, when Feb rolls around it will be dark by 4pm.

30C (86F) today in Vancouver.

Pretty warm in Seattle to, but it doesn't feel too bad.
It's dark here before 830pm now, as opposed to nearly 10PM a couple of months ago....
Wher do you live? I used to live just over "the line" in Burnaby. In one of the "nice" neighborhoods a couple block north of Hastings.

We don't get frost out on the coast here in San Diego as our low temp in the coldest part of winter averages low 50's. Our valleys though will get it as they will typically see another 10-12 degrees cooler at night throughout the winter and also along with our mountains which get snow. Our desert is relatively similar to the valley in terms of nighttime lows throughout the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back