Who ya' gonna call....Filter Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have helped some people through private messages with their questions.

I was also asked , that I don't know who to call like you do..
wink.gif

Well I will post these here so that you know who to call to get the specs on the filter you use. Or if you want to compare Brand A v Brand B.

I will also save you from listening to the prompts and give you the numbers to push to get where you want to be in their phone system. ( Note: if they change their system,..she's a not my fault..
tongue.gif
)

Filter Companies contact number:

AC Delco: 1-800-233-3526
Punch 1, then 4.

Baldwin: 1-800-882-5394
Punch 1, then 2.

Champ: 1-800-882-0890
Direct line

Donaldson: 1-800-374-1374
Punch 2 for cross ref, punch 3 for technical

Fleetguard: 1-800 223-4583
Punch 1 for cross ref, punch 3 for technical

Fram: 1-800-890-2075
Punch 1

Purolator: 1-800-526-4250
Direct line

Wix: 1-800-949-6698
Punch 4

Hope this helps....
grin.gif

Thanks, I called Wix today and asked about the new black filters. The lady said they are the same as the old white ones just painted black now per Napa's request. On the good side now that there black the same part # filter fits my truck and my motorcycle.

Ok so I am an old chemist Watman filters were the principal paper filter used ages ago. I suspect that most of the filters are of good quality especially if changed at 3000 miles with the oil. I have looked at cross-sections, but am not convinced that lots of pleats are functionally important, if the oil is relatively clean. Does anyone have any real evidence that it is not the case that 'branding' is the major difference between filters? That is we are paying mostly for brand identification and not quality.

Second, since we live in the hottest part of GGE (Gods Green Earth) I use a larger (i.e., longer filter than the OEM Toyota t100 filter. Is there any reason not to use a larger filter than the mfgr supplies??

chans:

I think you'll want to start a thread and ask your questions.

This thread is for telephone numbers for various filter manufacturers. So It doesn't get read much..
wink.gif

FYI All:..Fleetguard has changed their automated system, so just follow the prompts..

I just had my oil changed to Amsoil 15W-40 at a Kwik Kar oil change station. The oil filter was what they called an 'upgraded' Pennzoil filter. I looked closely at the filter and could see no cardboard, etc, it looked well made. I plan on keeping the oil 15,000 miles and changing the filter at 5,000 mile intervals.
If Fram makes this filter, they certainly do a good job. Does anyone know if this one for the Cummins 5.9 is made by Fram? It is a PZ47.

It has been a while since I have even looked at a Fram. I think what you see in the dome end is the plastic or maybe all metal relief valve. Maybe if you pushed the ADBV back, you could see the thread end end cap. So when can we expect a report on the entrails?

For information on the disposal of Used Oil Filters:

1-800-993-4583

This phone number is NOT for filter cross reference.

What is available:
State & Federal regulatory information on used filter management

Referrals to filter transporters, processors & recyclers in your area

Referrals to regulatory agency for your jurisdiction.
-----------------------------------------------

The above is:
Sponsored by the Filter Manufacturers Council.
Administered by MEMA Environmental Institute.

I thought I would update this a bit:

Cummins now has changed Fleetguard filter to Cummins Filtration: 1-800-223-4583, Punch 1 for English then Punch 1 for cross ref or punch 3 for technical.

AMSOIL:

No toll free number but for specs you can call:
715-392-7101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back