Who would you say has the ugliest car manufacturer symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Strangely, other than the SRT logo on the front, there is no Dodge logo anywhere on my Charger to be found. Does the Dodge brand even have a proper logo these days? I know the RAM brand does, but I'm asking about Dodge cars.

Nothing more is needed. The SRT logo says it all.

Agreed, Hyundai logo is awful although I do like Hyundai in general.

I believe the obnoxiously large grill Mercedes emblem is only on the C class, the working man's Benz. At least that is where I notice it. And it is literally less than 12 inches away from a hood ornament. Ridiculous. You can buy a host of cars for C-class money who are you kidding?

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Probably what makes me want to vomit most is that people pay extra to illuminate their Mercedes star.

I agree! It looks VERY ghetto! The firs time I saw one I was like,aww they have a lit up Christmas wreath on their car,but when it got closer,I was like,[censored]? Haha

Originally Posted by 4WD
What up, dog?

In addition to the dog, there is also a horse in the family (Hyundai Equus). I hear they're getting ready to release a new addition - Porcus.

I like this one.

images (1).jpg

As said above, RAM in huge letters looks terrible and the huge status symbol Mercedes emblems.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
As said above, RAM in huge letters looks terrible and the huge status symbol Mercedes emblems.

Yeah, they're a little too big now. But if you looked at certain cars from the 80's they also had the big star grill. I like my star hood ornament. I swore if it ever broke off which it did when I was brushing the snow off too aggressively one day, I'd get a flat badge, but I kinda got used to having that aiming reticle on the hood so I spent another $30 getting a replacement.

That big star is also on lots of other models. You might not notice because there's usually a luxury model and a sports model, the luxury model usually has a more normal traditional grill and the sports model has the huge star. If the car has distronic which is their adaptive cruise control, they stick the radar inside the star so it hides it nicely, otherwise it's just this big square block on the traditional grill which looks a little off.

Oh yeah, and Hyundai is probably the worse, from a distance kinda looks like the Honda H or some other brand, but once you get close then you realize it's only a Hyundai.

Though the Volvo badge looks like a car for the male gender only. I actually liked the old YUGO emblems.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2000s Daewoo commercials were awesome!

"Daewho? Daewhat? DaeWOW!"

I am pretty sure there was a reason for the H logo being like it is for Hyundai.

Put me in the RAM logo group. I don't understand why Dodge ... er RAM .. trucks need such a huge logo on their tailgate.

Well at least Hyundai will still have a car to put a ugly symbol on. Think GM/Ford/FCA car days are numbered. I did like the Pontiac Firebird/IROC Z pieces as well as the Oldsmobile one too.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by ZZman
I have to go with Hyundai

Like a knock-off Honda badge.

I don't like Toyota's stupid cowboy hat.

Never miss an opportunity to take a shot at Toyota do ya?

Originally Posted by ZZman
I have to go with Hyundai

Hyundai is a nice emblem.. genuine hand shake

Kind of interesting if you really look at reasons and meanings of these logos.
Subaru:Back in 1953, FujiHeavy Industries was created through an investment in five separate companies. Soon, these five entities merged with FHI, including the automobile manufacturing division.

The term "Subaru" is also the Japanese name for a cluster of stars in the Taurus constellation, known to many by the name "Pleiades." These stars are also known as Messier 45 or "The Seven Sisters,"

Why are there only six stars in Subaru's logo if it's named after a constellation of seven daughters? The reason is to the naked eye, the cluster of stars appears to only have six stars-two are so close together, they appear as one big star. Thus, the Pleiades constellation is known for being a "unification of the stars."

Hyundai has the H but it also is a modern interpretation of two people shaking hands..The manufacturer and the customer....Look harder ,you can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back