Who wants to see a napa filter with 25k?

Came off of my work van. My Boss finally let me just do it because they don't have time to send it to the Mechanic. 2016 chevy express 6.0. Ol girl was 2 qts low.
20210303_144516.jpg
20210303_144509.jpg
20210303_144504.jpg
20210303_144500.jpg
20210303_144454.jpg

Last edited:
Napa silver? Can you get us a pic of the adbv, and tell us how pliable it is?

The oil was ran for 25k as well. It was the silver napa. The capacity was 6qts and a little over 4 came out. Yes the oil was liquid lol. It did have some solid chucks in it though.

That looks really good for 25k! A Napa Silver for 25k, and it's still intact :eek:
Only losing 2 qt over 25k isn't bad, either! Was any makeup oil added during the OCI? :unsure:

I wouldn't even run a Platinum for 25k :alien:

Napa silver? Can you get us a pic of the adbv, and tell us how pliable it is?

Ehh, it's in the trash but I did check it out and it seemed fine. I put in Meijer synthetic with a qt of o'Reilly synthetic because I already had the 5 qt laying around and they were paying for all of it anyways. I put a wix xp on.

Your boss is a fool- there is only 1 bolt - the drain plug, he can't possibly say/ think that there wasn't any time in 25k miles to change it.
1 bolt or risk the engine?

The owner of our company is buddies with a dude that owns a shop. They are horrible. I've waited a week for any oil change before. Our van was dropped off the whole time. They don't fix stuff half of the time either. But given that it takes so long for us to get our van back is why they don't like to send it in. The other owner of the company is the one who doesn't let us get it in.

Came off of my work van. My Boss finally let me just do it because they don't have time to send it to the Mechanic. 2016 chevy express 6.0. Ol girl was 2 qts low.
Are those shiny parts light reflecting off the liquid? Or are they metal bits?
If it's metal, I've never seen an oil filter with that much metal build-up, whether car or airplane.

Are those shiny parts light reflecting off the liquid? Or are they metal bits?
If it's metal, I've never seen an oil filter with that much metal build-up, whether car or airplane.

possibly, I did not put a magnet to them though.. There were bigger chunks than that.

Back