Who wants to see a napa filter with 25k?

I did not put a magnet to them though.. There were bigger chunks than that.

Some of the metal is non-ferrous (aluminum, brass), so if it's metal, the magnet test can tell you whether it's rings, cams, piston wear, or bearing material. Another test I use is the "thumbnail test". Bits that crush between the thumbnails are captured dirt or other insolubles.

Any bits big enough to have a part # on them ? ;)

Sounds like your boss unloads vehicles before they get too many miles on them. If this statement is incorrect and they keep vehicles well beyond 100k miles, going this long between oil changes is definitely false economy. They will pay 10x the cost of an oil change when things start to fail, or if they simply unload the vehicle when things fail, they will lose 10x the cost of an oil change in reduced value of the vehicle (i.e. needs fixing).

Napa gold, silver? Down 2 qts, what's the sump capacity on that engine? Thanks for the pics.
I would believe that is a gold since there is a dome end bypass and not a combo. That filter looks awful good for 25k miles.

Sounds like your boss unloads vehicles before they get too many miles on them. If this statement is incorrect and they keep vehicles well beyond 100k miles, going this long between oil changes is definitely false economy. They will pay 10x the cost of an oil change when things start to fail, or if they simply unload the vehicle when things fail, they will lose 10x the cost of an oil change in reduced value of the vehicle (i.e. needs fixing).

The van has 230,000 on it. They maintain them like this pretty regularly. They don't fix anything until it's broken.

...Nope. It was a silver.
Yeah, not all Napa Silver applications use combo valve, some like topic do use separate dome bypass. At 25k mile fci, a definite benefit here imo.

Don't know how long it took to get the 25k, but shorter time easier on cellulose based media. In any case, filter looks very good, especially at 25k miles.

As an aside, safe to say boss(es) not bitog type folks. Assuming Express has a dipstick, not pulling it to check oil level occasionally ("2qts low") and at least top up.......smh.

Thanks for c&p.

Sounds about like the company I used to work for. Oil wasn't changed it was just topped up when low. They had a van that the oil filter rusted out on because it was on for that long. They slapped a new filter on it and sent it down the road.

Sounds about like the company I used to work for. Oil wasn't changed it was just topped up when low. They had a van that the oil filter rusted out on because it was on for that long. They slapped a new filter on it and sent it down the road.

I got the ok to just do it from now on. Miles are put on pretty fast. 3k in a couple weeks

Back