Who using LC these days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using LC these days.
I used to run a lil bit in GC mix.....just came across a good sized jug while doing summer cleanup...

Originally Posted By: Spector
Still using it.

I was looking at some old posts in this section, there were many people who were happy with the LC.

I use it. I've got a gallon jug. I'm not quite sure what it does, but I use it.

Originally Posted By: chefwong
Anyone using LC these days.
I used to run a lil bit in GC mix.....just came across a good sized jug while doing summer cleanup...

I'm still using both LC20 & FP60 regularly in my 2002 F-150 4.6 and my 1996 Contour with the Zetec 2.0L four. While I have no UOA as of yet, I'm sending a 8,500 mile oil sample in for an UOA. For 80% of the time I used LC20 & FP60 in it. So we'll see how the oil held up over the 23 month time period. Even without the UOA both vehicles have run better using the LC & FP fairly regularly. Looking in the oil fill of the Contour the cams and head are spotless. I can't see in the truck's fill. But the truck gets changed every 5,000 miles because it's used in the winter whereas the car isn't. It in a semi-heated garage.

I'll post the UOA of the car soon.

Whimsey

When I was doing UOA the 4 ounces of Schaeffers 132 and 4 ounces LC gave me better wear numbers then without it. I still use this formula, 4 ounces of each at change and then 1 ounce of LC every 1000 miles or so. Oil change intervals are basically a year, regardless of mileage, with Amsoil. In my case though a year is between 3000 miles and 10,000 miles depending on the vehicle.

Do a search--back 5 years or so on this forum & check out what Terry had to say about LC20 & FP60. I think 5 years is the search limit on this forum, so you better check it out while you can. Turning carbon deposits/soot into a colloidal graphite lubricant is one of the positive features.

Guys, what are your thoughts on LC versus arx, does it do a better job cleaning than arx.

LC for anti-oxidant, not so much cleaning but help keep clean, Arx for cleaning.

PS. you can search older than 5 years, but the total time block must not exceed 5 years. So, for instance, you can search 2001- 2006, or 2004 - 2009.

I recently stopped using LC / FP after using it on 2 different cars for about 4 years. In the end, spending more for a higher quality synthetic + occasional injection cleaner was much easier than adding in LC and FP. I can't really say if LC did much for me . . . the UOAs I had with/without LC didn't show much difference, but I was only doing 5k mi intervals.

Dave

Terry Dyson's report on ARX and LC.

Since I was hired by both companies to test their products I post this with some degree of insight. I am not allowed by proprietary agreement to disclose all I know about each product but here goes what I can.

Frank of Auto-RX may have a valid point but I have not verified the idea that continous use of Auto-Rx in a lower maintenance dose could clean continually. I can say that from our testing to date the product literally is a "liquid filter" that not only cleans but can disperse large and small contaminants in a way that cuts wear and increases ring seal. Ensuring the product is at room temp BEFORE pouring into the host oil ELIMINATES cold weather issues, once installed in the host oil cold start,pump is not impacted.

LC is more of a anti-oxidant booster with a unique Cf reduction capability using a chemistry that is unlike Auto-RX, both chemistries are unique, NO ONE ( other companies), have access to.

In nearly 60 years of continous use, LC is a rock solid chemistry but WILL not CLEAN deeply like Auto-RX.

The ester chemistry of RX is totally antithetical to LC.

Many of my oil analysis customers use BOTH products at the same time, verifying that application with oil analysis. This does not work in every application and for cleaning phase there is no need for LC top ups.

LC is as safe as motor oil, and Auto-RX is as safe as a consumable food stuff so they can be compatible but do not attempt that without verifying oil analysis. Both companies will not be happy for me to post that here but there are those doing it , successfully. Warning!! Don't do it without testing and don't blame either company if you screw up something experimenting on your own!

Marketing takes second seat to my desire to share science here. So, I say with a great degree of confidence: use both products as directed and enjoy your engine running better while saving money on needless additives or overpriced fully formulated lubes that will still need a periodic Auto-RX cleaning and anti oxidation help from LC.

Both products are effective chemical correction tools for us as a oil analysis company. Used properly save time and money.

I was wondering if you had any tests too show us that would back up these claims that arx cleans better than LC.

Originally Posted By: Spector
I still use this formula, 4 ounces of each at change

i came to the same conclusion last month, which is a little different than the mola LC/132 brew, mainly due to the fact that 132 comes in 16oz bottles. 4/4 in the wifes car but i'm trying 4oz break in additive/4oz 132 in my camaro and will add 2oz LC20 only after 1K not initially

both cars seem to like it. and thanks for the info dbdeland, that's a good one

I ran Lube control from 2005 until recently. Went through 2-3 gallons. I no longer use it. It is an interesting product but in the end it is just an antioxidant booster with some mild cleaning and creeping properties.. It makes a great break free for rusty nuts and boltes when mixed with atf or marvel mystery oil.
I have nothing negative to say about it, I just don't see oxidation issues with modern motor oils and can't justify to myself that it is beneficial anymore.

Jeff Edwards at Lube Contol will answer questions you may have concerning his product and will post it if you ask him to. I ask him several questions the other day and he really helped me out. He has a very good product and it has been around many years. If you have questions or doubts call Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back