Who says winter driven cars don't look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
....These days fortunately I can keep my "70" clean in the garage! What kind of money do shops want for that kind of detailing job on average?

-

Believe it or not, it was only $59 from Fine Details! They've got locations all over Ontario. Their prices are amazing, they only charge $10 for a handwash, $40 for a wash and interior cleaning (which is like a quick detailing job), $99 for the full detailing service (4-5 hours worth of cleaning), $35 for an engine shampoo, or $200 for the high speed buffing of the paint (something I'll probably get done next year if the paint begins to show swirl marks)

My 98 Tacoma is a purple color and after the first winter I thought I'd have to get it repainted. The swirl marks were terrible. It is as bad or worse than black. I tried a 3M one step swirl remover product on it which did a beautiful job at removing the scratches. I finished off with their "Perfect-It" wax which added real depth. It stands up well also. If you decide to do your car yourself it may be worth a try. I can get the product part #'s if you are interested and need them.

Looks good. The hard part is keeping it clean. It's hard to go through the hassle and cost of cleaning it when the whole forcast is snow. The problem I've been having is the salt trucks they have running even when it's not snowing. It's ruined several washes this month.
mad.gif

-T

Even though I drive my Corvette in all kinds of weather, it still cleans up awfully nice. I got it washed and waxed by a local detail shop on the weekend, and here is the result:

-

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
WOW Patman, your car looks like it just rolled of the assembly line in Bowling Green.

The previous owner definitely took extremely good care of it, and I intend to do the same. It's nice to own a car that is 7 years old but can easily fool people into thinking it's a 2004 model. The only dead giveaway to Corvette enthusiasts is that they would know mine is older than 2000 due to the passenger side key hole. In 2000 they eliminated that key hole.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
it still cleans up awfully nice.

Well, I like mine nice a dirty...
grin.gif

-

Actually, I don't but I won't let anyone wash the car and it's too cold to do it myself right now, so I just have to wait till it gets above freezing.
smile.gif

Nice car Patman!

Thanks Pete! That's a very sweet ride you've got there too! I love the Audis, they look especially good in silver. Plus with silver, even when they are dirty, they don't look dirty.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back