Who offers reliable yet inexpensive web hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm helping a new K9 association set up a web presence but I need to find a reliable, yet inexpensive hosting provider. I set up web sites all of the time (both Apache and IIS)...but they're on my internal network for our company and not a third-party so I don't know which commercial vendors I might want to consider. I have thought about setting up a Soekris net6501, installing FreeBSD with Apache running in a jail (no pun intended), and having the Sheriff Department I.T. staff isolate it within their DMZ, but then I'd have to maintain it if it breaks down, etc. Having said that, at the moment I'm thinking we should just find a good, commercial hosting vendor which would be easier in the long run.

smile.gif

Since we'll be offering online sales, reliability is very important and because they need every $$$ I can save them to care for the K9s, I need to find someone who's a bargain.

Does anyone have any suggestions of who I might consider?

Thank you!

Ed

I will say avoid eHosts.com
I used them and built up a commerce site and their customer service and response time
is absolutely horrible. They don't even know who you are. Good Luck!

I would look at pair.com - you have a choice of Ubuntu and FreeBSD in either West or East regions. I keep over a dozen sites there. I also have Cloudflared sites and Amazon AWS. Had Google, but it was a disappointment: too much downtime. FreeBSD at pair.com is a great option: reliable and affordable.

If you're looking for a nice VM, I like Linode. Great network, reliable, etc, and very reasonably priced.

robert

Google Cloud has been stormy lately. I pulled the plug, too much downtime. Amazon has been stellar. The OP should learn how to spot the hosters that have become a part of that nefarious conglomerate that kills everything it touches.

JimPghPA, pair.com is local to you, a Pittsburgh native, one of the few surviving and prosperous pioneers of the Internet Age. They also have a new center in Colorado now.

At the end of the day it depends on what your looking for. I get lots of calls with problems on some of the lower end hosting services. Some deal with speed issues, some are due to hacks since they're shared hosts and others are limitations with the low cost plans.

If someone here needs hosting contact me via www.vvfsolutions.com I'd be glad to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back