Who needs a helmet........

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you can wear a pumpkin!!!!

Nigerian motorcyclists have been wearing dried pumpkin shells after new laws were brought in forcing them to wear helmets.

In Kano, a city in the north of the country, police said they had stopped several bikers with "improvised helmets" after the law was introduced on New Year's Day.

Drivers across the country have staged protests after police impounded thousands of motorbikes because their owners were not wearing the appropriate headgear.

Road safety officials have warned that people wearing calabashes, dried pumpkin shells more commonly used to carry liquid, would be prosecuted.

Yusuf Garba, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) commander for Kano, said fifty motorbikes had already been seized in his city alone.

He said: "We are impounding their bikes and want to take them to court so they can explain why they think wearing a calabash is good enough for their safety."

Motorcycle taxis are a cheap way for Nigerians to get around congested and chaotic city streets and many drivers are furious about the new law. In the city of Kaduna, drivers waved palm fronds and rode in convoy to protest at the price of helmets, which can cost up to £20.

The vast number of motorcyle taxis on city streets, coupled with their often untrained and illiterate drivers, has also fuelled concerns over road safety.

Road safety authorities say that they are responsible for the majority of road collisions in the country's cities.

More than 4,000 people die on Nigeria's roads every year and 20,000 are injured, according to the FRSC.

here

I think motorcycle helmets are the least of there problems in Africa... Maybe take on the warlords, clean water, and feeding the people first, but that is just me...

You get the same reaction form many motorcyclists here who would, if given the chance,wear a pumpkin.
grin2.gif

The vast majority of riders that love a certain brand mostly do it because they like to play dress up. The helmet doesn't look "[censored]" enough.

Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
I think if you rub the pumpkin with some CI-4+ HDEO with the higher levels of ZDDP, you'll be fine.

banana2.gif
It's all good.

Yeah...but the real question is do you use it before or after it has been in the crankcase?
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
I think motorcycle helmets are the least of there problems in Africa... Maybe take on the warlords, clean water, and feeding the people first, but that is just me...

Not to mention Malaria, AIDS, Ebola, Tuberculosis, and all the other pestilence there. Helmets are the least of Africans' worries.

The two guys in the photo are making a fashion statement. It's one of the many aspects of their peculiar mating rituals. Put a pail on your head and see if any eligible females bite. If you find one dumb enough, she'll likely put up with bad behaviour, infidelity and any other possible shenanigans for the rest of her life.

Originally Posted By: XS650
cat%20helmet.jpg

Your sir are in a helmet violation. Please pull over and surrender the illegal bush meat as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back