Who makes Service Pro global ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is it any good? Someone mentioned to me that it might be by ConocoPhillips but didn't have a for sure answer. I used this in the transmission of my Toyota because it was the only full synthetic I could find that met the Type-IV spec. It seems like multi vehicle ATF's are a mixed bag around BITOG, should I change it out for something else like Amsoil or Redline? Synthetic ATF is a must because it gets worked hard and I want ultimate protection. I would consider Mobil 1 ATF but they don't list Type-IV and haven't responded to my email asking about it so whatever I suppose.

17ATF06SYN.JPG

Maxlife is synthetic and is recommended (by Valvoline) for T-IV. Works great in my ride, and I would certainly consider it for any non-CVT application. Amsoil or Redline D4 would work great too, and may last even longer (according to their marketing claims). IMO leave it (the Serv Pro) in for a while and see how it performs. If not acceptable try something else.

Last edited:
I would rather use the right spec with a quality base oil from a reputable refiner, than the wrong full synthetic.

I've tried Maxlife and other LV full synthetics in my TIV application, and they palpably do not perform as well or out-last the correct TIV which I am currently using in the Mobil 3309 labeling. FYI, Aisin has it's own labeled TIV and it is very cheap on jet.com right now.

If you are considered about hard use, just do a drain/fill more frequently. Mobil 1 USED to say their FS could cover the TIV spec, but they backed off that several years ago and now steer you to the 3309 (TIV). One must think there is a reason for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back