Who makes OE pads for 2014 Highlander

Looking to replace the front pads and rotors. Who makes the OE pads, is it Akebono...or Beck Arnley or Advics?

Or will non OE pads just be a compromise of some sort?

Dealer prices are crazy.

They also use Advics. You can see Advics on the pad.

Advics.jpg

Advics were used on our 2016 Highlander. Pads from Toyota are $50-60 for our vehicle. I wouldn't call that crazy at all.
However, outside engine oil, brake pads might be the most often aftermarket item.

Akebono and Advics both supply brake components to Toyota. Both companies are members of the Toyota family of companies. Advics is a subsidiary of Aisin and Toyota owns controlling interest in Aisin. Toyota also owns 12% of Akebono.
My Sienna came with Akebono pads and I replaced them with Akebono ProACT ceramic pads which I am very happy with.

Last edited:
Looking to replace the front pads and rotors. Who makes the OE pads, is it Akebono...or Beck Arnley or Advics?

Or will non OE pads just be a compromise of some sort?

Dealer prices are crazy.
All brake pads are a compromise of some sort.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated. I went with the Advics front and rear.

Pads from Toyota are $50-60 for our vehicle. I wouldn't call that crazy at all.

I guess given the current times, no that's not bad. My quote was $80 for thr front pads and I could do that for about half that. So I agree not crazy, just pricey.

All brake pads are a compromise of some sort.

True, I just haven't messed with Toyota pads in many, many years so wasn't sure if OE Toyota was just the best for the vehicle or do others work just as good, or have any negative tradeoffs.

Sometimes OE just works better.

True, I just haven't messed with Toyota pads in many, many years so wasn't sure if OE Toyota was just the best for the vehicle or do others work just as good, or have any negative tradeoffs.

Sometimes OE just works better.
If you're happy with the brake feel, vs wear, vs dusting with the OE toyota pads, that's the pad to go.

If you want something more aggressive, but don't mind faster wear and more dust, there's other options available.

Then there's some aftermarket pads that last longer with less dust, but not as aggressive...

choose your poison

Back