Who Makes Motorcraft Air Filters ? How Are They?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no single vendor for any motorcraft filters, whether it be air, oil or fuel.

I sell a bunch of them and they all look pretty good to me.

Plus remember that it does not matter who makes it, since Ford has a design spec for all their products.

Case in point Johnson Controls makes batteries for DieHard, Interstate, Ford etc. All are made to each companies specs.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Plus remember that it does not matter who makes it, since Ford has a design spec for all their products.

Case in point Johnson Controls makes batteries for DieHard, Interstate, Ford etc. All are made to each companies specs.

Johnson Controls also makes the Optima battery.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

Yup I worked at Sears a few years ago and I remember those things getting dropped off. I think every one I sold was returned with on a warranty claim.

I am pretty sure the MC and Pure One filters are the same except for the color of the media. Both excellent filters. Both come in a bag inside the box, and both have slightly oiled paper media.

I think wix is making some for Motorcraft.. I had a wix filter and motorcraft side by side and they had the 2 marks on the gasket that are unique to wix.. the 51516 has the bypass valve up front so it's already to MC spec..

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

Yup I worked at Sears a few years ago and I remember those things getting dropped off. I think every one I sold was returned with on a warranty claim.

Still running some 15 year old Optimas in my '86 F-250. Have a three year old one in the Honda and just put one in the Ford PU. They've been very good to me over the years.

Me, I really like AGM batteries (Optima or otherwise) but because they require a little different "care and feeding" than ordinary wet cell batteries, they are often misdiagnosed and needlessly tossed. My neighbor got hold of some supposedly dead Optimas from where he works and I helped him rehabilitate most of them for use in his tractors... which they are doing still. But.... we are hijacking this thread, aren't we.

Some MC content: Motorcraft filters... I flowbenched some filter options for my F-150, including both a MC and a drop-in replacement AEM in the OE 5.4L box. Interestingly, the MC slightly outflowed the AEM. AEM wasn't surprised, saying their media is more dense than the OE filter and more efficient. They hadn't tested the MC media for efficiency, but generally claim their media is about 3-5 percent more efficient than the average stock filter

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
I am pretty sure the MC and Pure One filters are the same except for the color of the media. Both excellent filters. Both come in a bag inside the box, and both have slightly oiled paper media.

mc is more related to the regular purolator filter not the pure one, however the bypass valve is often different.

Originally Posted By: EricF
I think wix is making some for Motorcraft.. I had a wix filter and motorcraft side by side and they had the 2 marks on the gasket that are unique to wix.. the 51516 has the bypass valve up front so it's already to MC spec..

Hummm ... an air filter with a bypass valve?
crazy.gif

Yeah but Ford likes it when people have to buy new cars. That increases that chances of them buying a new ford. So maybe that motorcraft brand filter isn't all that great after all. Maybe after 150K miles of using them, all the particles that they let by over the years starts to add up. That way maybe, you start thinking about buying a new car. Possibly a ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back