who makes MOPAR oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the MOPAR oil bottles look like Exxon Superflo bottles that have been colored black.

I would think it is an XOM product.

I seem to recall Johnny making a post some time back about Chrysler signing a deal with SOPUS. I could be mistaken.

A Dodge Tech at the dealership told me that Mopar oil was Mobil. And Mopar oil filters were Purolator. He seemed sure.

Before all of the bailouts and firings, Shell did sign a contact with Chrysler to be the factory fill in all new cars, and to supply bulk Shell oil to dealers under the Mopar program. However, ExxonMobil was still making the packaged product. As for as I know nothing has changed, but who knows, everything could have changed. But I don't care, I don't have a Dodge.

Originally Posted By: tr4petty
A Dodge Tech at the dealership told me that Mopar oil was Mobil. And Mopar oil filters were Purolator. He seemed sure.

For a long time (from like at least 1999+ to ?) the SYNTHETIC MOPAR oil offered at dealerships was rebadged Mobil 1. Mopar OEM aftermarket filters are currently (and have been for a while) Purolator. For a long time it was Fram.

FWIW, Canadian Mopar filters are not Purolator, but a Wix or a Fram. A Canadian member posted a cut-open Mopar filter on a Chrysler minivan forum, and it was most definitely not a Purolator. All of the US filters I've seen are Purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back