Who Makes Mobil Filters? Not M1 Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen one in years. Sorta like Atlas oil filters for Esso/Exxon (pre-XOM)

Check that: This appears to be a Champ Lab MobilClean filter ..and it's the first time I've ever seen it.

So the answer is: Champ Labs ..the same people who make the M1 filters

5983_1_sbl.JPG

At least a mid grade one. With all the engines surviving Frams, I have to wonder how important filters are.

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
So this would be a good filter?

It's probably as good as a Fram.

I wonder if Castrol makes an 8x better filters than Mobil? I will have to ask that Scottish guy, but I'm scared he's gonna hit me!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I wonder if Castrol makes an 8x better filters than Mobil? I will have to ask that Scottish guy, but I'm scared he's gonna hit me!
LOL.gif

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I haven't seen one in years. Sorta like Atlas oil filters for Esso/Exxon (pre-XOM)

Check that: This appears to be a Champ Lab MobilClean filter ..and it's the first time I've ever seen it.

5983_1_sbl.JPG

Champ Ecore design. You can tell by the baseplate. It looks totally different than others. FWIW, the M1 filter I just put on my truck was the older style with the steel core.

Definitely an e-core.

Since it is a private label Champ, it's probably the same quality as a Super Tech or STP.

Originally Posted By: zulu
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

5983_1_sbl.JPG

Champ Ecore design. You can tell by the baseplate. It looks totally different than others. FWIW, the M1 filter I just put on my truck was the older style with the steel core.

I figured that being able to see the nylon cage would be more of a give away than the baseplate
wink.gif

Interesting..ive never seen a mobil blue or white filter..where can you get these blue or white mobil fitlers? What microns are they rated at?

Yep, great pictures. Take away the blue paint and Mobil name, it looks identical to the ST 3614 I put on my Tacoma a while ago. Extra baseplate for ease of blind installation plus ecore, no doubt. Bet they have the same rating 96/94%. Check the links, see what you think.

*Ecore Info.

*With pictures.

*Credit to Bill in Utah AKA...Mr Ecore!!!!
LOL.gif
Just kidding about the Mr Ecore, Bill. Having some fun.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back