Who makes AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take time to look at zoom view of back side of jug on linked Amazon site, pic here derived. Makes comparison to Super Tech Synthetic 0w20 at ~$7.50 less a jug an appropriate one imo.

It amazes me that people PAY to have a 24/7 internet connected listening device in their homes.....

Amazon motor oil? Is your Amazon Prime number going to be the mark of the beast?

Originally Posted By: Brigadier
It amazes me that people PAY to have a 24/7 internet connected listening device in their homes.....

Amazon motor oil? Is your Amazon Prime number going to be the mark of the beast?

I have four of them (2-Alexis-2 Dots). Don't think anyone is listening to my conversations inside my home....even if they were they would get bored pretty quick.

Just using credit gives up your right of privacy. Not to mention having a computer and Internet connection. OR-how about that little "black box" inside your car they will access if you are involved in a fatality accident?

Last edited:
Looks like the Wally-World stuff that is about $17.
Buy 2 jugs and a couple of filters and it's shipped to your door for free.
I think it takes $40 for free shipping.

Originally Posted By: CKN

I have four of them (2-Alexis-2 Dots). Don't think anyone is listening to my conversations inside my home....even if they were they would get bored pretty quick.

Just using credit gives up your right of privacy. Not to mention having a computer and Internet connection. OR-how about that little "black box" inside your car they will access if you are involved in a fatality accident?

Right. So why not just let them listen to your conversations, right? What the heck....why not?

Originally Posted By: CKN

Right. So why not just let them listen to your conversations, right? What the heck....why not?

That's right-for all the ten of thousands of units they have sold of those two models combined...they are listening to EVERY CONVERSATION......we are not alone.

I got a dot for Christmas. It's still in the box. Not a fan.

Do you have a smartphone? If so, it is also always listening, unless you have disabled that feature.

I'm not trying to be an anti progressive stick in the mud, but I'm not seeing the value in comparison to other options.. also sold by Amazon on Amazon.com.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Not sure why Amazon would want to tread into these waters unless they could sell it at a significant discount, which they apparently won't or can't. I'm sure it's more than decent stuff but who would buy it at that price?

That said, I buy stuff at Amazon all the time and I'd have no issue at all using this oil, but I'm not going out of my way to buy any.

One word: Alexa

It's their strategy going forward. Dog Food, Toilet Tissue, and now Motor Oil. And it will work, too.

Agree, most people are nothing but "programmable drones" ... trained in a way that many dont even know there is a world outside other then Amazon and will make Amazon more and more powerful, people even invite the company into their homes 24 hours a day and learn their daily routines in return for a cheap internet device that will further what they do, buy, watch, listen too and learn. (just an example, add google and all the big players to the list)

People even read/listen to Amazon generated news everyday as they own the Washington Post, one of the powerful papers in the country... I dont know, but I see a pattern here ... :eek:)

As others have posted, I would simply choose the Super Tech, heck, all the Walmart bashing over the years, they are now looking like the knight in shinning armor.

Last edited:
I wonder how economical would it be for Amazon to enter this market. Motor oil is already relatively cheap compared to how big and heavy each jug is to ship. Shipping a jug like that would be 1/2 the cost of the product itself, maybe even more if they have to 2 day deliver it for Prime customers. Either Amazon gets this oil for dirt cheap, or they are taking losses selling this just for the sake of offering a new product to gain market share.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Not sure why Amazon would want to tread into these waters unless they could sell it at a significant discount, which they apparently won't or can't. I'm sure it's more than decent stuff but who would buy it at that price?

That said, I buy stuff at Amazon all the time and I'd have no issue at all using this oil, but I'm not going out of my way to buy any.

It's their strategy going forward. Dog Food, Toilet Tissue, and now Motor Oil. And it will work, too.

Agree, most people are nothing but "programmable drones" ... trained in a way that many dont even know there is a world outside other then Amazon and will make Amazon more and more powerful, people even invite the company into their homes 24 hours a day and learn their daily routines in return for a cheap internet device that will further what they do, buy, watch, listen too and learn. (just an example, add google and all the big players to the list)

People even read/listen to Amazon generated news everyday as they own the Washington Post, one of the powerful papers in the country... I dont know, but I see a pattern here ... :eek:)

As others have posted, I would simply choose the Super Tech, heck, all the Walmart bashing over the years, they are now looking like the knight in shinning armor.

This post is almost as good as warning everybody about NuFinish for "moral issues".

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

AMZN is a great stock to purchase for your IRA and brokerage account...

Has anyone seen the movie Wall-E? Earth will soon be named “Earth, Brought To You By Amazon”.

Originally Posted By: 69Torino
Has anyone seen the movie Wall-E? Earth will soon be named “Earth, Brought To You By Amazon”.
The people in Wall-E look like some of the people I see at Walmart, riding those motorized shopping carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back