Who makes a quality fuel filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's at BITOG, at least in the oil filter arena, it seems like Fram, Purolator and Wix are names that are very popular. I think the filtration capabilities for the oil filters are pretty impressive, but I don't know if fuel filters are equally efficient?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a fuel filter for my 2004 Tacoma with the 2.4 motor? OEM (Denso) or aftermarket, or...???

Thank you,
Ed

I put a WIX in my '97 4Runner 3.4L, it's considered to be of good quality. Bought mine from rockauto.

i use a napa gold, there is no way to get a good price on anything from rockauto after you add shipping charges
i personally would stay away from fram

The filter for the 528e is a common size I think. It holds at least a pint of gas. I splurge at AutoZone for their store brand when I'm base lining a car. Or I may get a World-Pac if I order the stuff on line. A fuel filter's life can be greatly enhanced by the fuel pushed through it. I buy gas at high volume stores.
I think I replaced it when I did the 75 k service. I let one go 100k miles. I replaced it simply because I had never had a filter in for so long. I think a sub - 100k is a waste for a modern fuel injected engine. Buy what you please. I don't like paying for advertising.

Go with factory OEM. They are not expensive.

All aftermarket fuel filter brands seem to be made by the same factory in Israel. OEM is of higher quality. Fuel filters can last forever if you avoid cheap, unbranded gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back