Who makes a good tractor cart

walterjay

Site Donor 2023
I want to buy a decent tractor cart. One that has a removable tailgate. Also one that can dump. They all seem cheaply built. Any suggestions?

I ended up just going with harbor freight. I agonized over these for a couple of weeks, and most seem like similar designs with different logos, with a similar percentage of bad reviews. I think I remember John Deere with solid quality at twice the cost, a bunch of 4 wheel human/mower pullables which looked like the wheel mounts could bend it snagged, and then the HF model which is, well, HF.

its been great. I’ve beaten the stew out of it. It’s dented, beginning to rust, and works just fine. Assembly took me twice as long as I expected. The mid-sized cart comes in a suspiciously small box. Buy thread lock.

You probably will have to go to an actual equipment dealer for a good one. The farm stores are going to have the lesser quality ones.

I want to buy a decent tractor cart. One that has a removable tailgate. Also one that can dump. They all seem cheaply built. Any suggestions?

The wife bought me a 10P off of Craigslist for Christmas. I think it will work great for mulch and leaves in the fall and moving firewood to and from the road for camping season. I looked at many but wanted the green one to go behind my green tractor... :ROFLMAO: Deere 10P trailer

My neighbor has a cheap on from Menards and it seems to work. The metal gets bent and the tailgate is difficult to move but it still seems to work. Yard works from Menards

Just my $0.02

The wife bought me a 10P off of Craigslist for Christmas. I think it will work great for mulch and leaves in the fall and moving firewood to and from the road for camping season. I looked at many but wanted the green one to go behind my green tractor... :ROFLMAO: Deere 10P trailer

My neighbor has a cheap on from Menards and it seems to work. The metal gets bent and the tailgate is difficult to move but it still seems to work. Yard works from Menards

Just my $0.02
+1

Try to find a used Deere cart, they are built much better. Some of the older carts from other brands are solid, but most of the new stuff from the box stores is flimsy.

Yeah, Not happy with all the stuff I am seeing. I wish that I had the equipment to build one to my specifications.

Back when I worked in a hospital, one of the maintaince guys had a small welding shop at his home. I got a couple of highway axel stubs and wheels for an axel, and he made a cart frame with dump capability for me. That's probably been 25+ years ago and it's still good. floor and sides are pressure treated lumber and it has a lift off tailgate. I think bed is 4x6' and sides are 18-24" raining outside now so don't want to go out and measure. I suspect full of damp dirt it can carry 1000 lbs easily.

+1

Try to find a used Deere cart, they are built much better. Some of the older carts from other brands are solid, but most of the new stuff from the box stores is flimsy.
X2! I have a 1970’s John Deere aluminum tag #80 cart I bought off CL years ago. I drove 200 miles round trip to snag it. I was into old JD lawn equipment back then and have since sold off most of it, but I’ll never sell that little cart. The later #10 steel carts are tough as well.

X2! I have a 1970’s John Deere aluminum tag #80 cart I bought off CL years ago. I drove 200 miles round trip to snag it. I was into old JD lawn equipment back then and have since sold off most of it, but I’ll never sell that little cart. The later #10 steel carts are tough as well.
That's funny because I did the same thing! Here's mine:
1609680673179.jpg

This is the cart that I bought from Tractor Supply: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ohio-steel-125-cu-ft-poly-swivel-dump-cart?cm_vc=-10005

This poly cart is extremely durable; I drop 30-60 pound stones from about 18-24” all the time with my backhoe and I haven’t managed to break it. I’ve had the cart for about 4 years and it is has spent the entire outdoors in the elements; the materials haven’t faded at all and there is no rust on the metal surfaces. Overall, if you are looking for a very durable dump cart, you can’t go wrong with this one.

Back