Who lives in Tennessee? I'm moving

I find it humorous when someone that’s never lived in Tennessee can make a statement about summers and humidity.
Apparently you don’t know much about
Tennessee

If it's over 20% humidity it's a no-go unless I'm at the beach somewhere. Are you leading me to believe that the summers in TN aren't humid? I've been there every season except summer.

If it's over 20% humidity it's a no-go unless I'm at the beach somewhere. Are you leading me to believe that the summers in TN aren't humid? I've been there every season except summer.
Over 20% 😳😳😳
You better go live at the North Pole !!🤣🤣🤣
you must be an elf !!!😳😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣

Really dry here. The altitude enhances the dryness. I've seen plenty of 90 degree days with less than 20% humidity around here. It usually runs in the 20-40 range. I was never as miserable as being in Houston in August. Anywhere hot and humid gets scratched off the list immediately for my summer enjoyment unless I am on a beach.

Yep, in Wyoming for a few more years until I retire.

Sir

I want to see Wyoming

Need some guidance of where to go !!👍

yeah
Tennessee humidity ain’t nothing like Houston for sure

I'm in the plains part of the state. Not much to look at. Yellowstone and the Big Horns are scenic.

I have a friend in Buffalo. Visited her in the summer and it was awesome. I could never live there because of the winters and the remoteness of most places. Used her place as a base and went to yellowstone, devil's tower, big sky etc. What a great time I had.

Well after almost a year of looking and multiple offers that have fallen through, we have finally reached an agreement with a seller.

After some tense negotiations we have come to an agreement on a house/property in Cleveland TN Close on March 31. I am pretty stoked, my new front yard :)

6896786b31ce5eee8146e79897945886l-m1285133677od-w1024_h768.jpg

6896786b31ce5eee8146e79897945886l-m3403021258od-w1024_h768.jpg

Looks nice. Even has a barn for your equipment. I don't live about 160 mi to your WSW. I looked at Tennessee but then saving my 4% Max State Income Tax and having to pay Tennessee Property Tax would be a loser for me.

Annual property taxes here run less than a monthly mortgage payment in a large town (and about half that in the country). Even less if you are elderly.

Tennessean is quite understandable. They do have a bit of an accent but nothing difficult like Yankee.

Last edited:
What part of Florida are you currently in? If you haven't locked in on Tennessee, what you are describing you are looking for can be found in the Pensacola area. It is nothing like South Florida, a small town atmosphere but with a vibrant downtown scene, gorgeous beaches, home of The Blue Angels, music clubs, orchestra, museums, theatre, various festivals throughout the year (pre-Covid of course.) And as you know, no state income tax. https://www.visitpensacola.com/things-to-do/downtown/

Acreage can be found north, east and west of town, either in the Escambia county or in neighboring Santa Rosa county.
I second this. I was stationed in Pensacola for a year and a half while I was in the Navy and REALLY liked that area, Jacksonville as well. I recall Pensacola feeling "small town", quiet but plenty to do. The people seemed nice as well. That was in 2001 though so not sure if it's changed or not....

I second this. I was stationed in Pensacola for a year and a half while I was in the Navy and REALLY liked that area, Jacksonville as well. I recall Pensacola feeling "small town", quiet but plenty to do. The people seemed nice as well. That was in 2001 though so not sure if it's changed or not....
That's still Pensacola today. There is even more to do downtown now than back then. More restaurants, clubs, and entertainment venues. We also have a AA minor league baseball team (affiliated with the Miami Marlins) with an award winning downtown bay front ballpark.

Back