Who knows how to read the packaging date on Havoline 5 Qt jugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 5 quart jug of Havoline 5W30 at wally world and the packaging date on the jug is 847444CDRPH92105TX. I'm assuming it was packaged on 9/21/05 - am I looking at it right?

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
My WM is out of 5q Havoline, I suppose the next shipment might be Katrina-blend.

My local WM was also out about a week ago and I read here where someone else said the same thing about their WM. It makes me wonder if either there was a run on it or they had a bad batch and it had to be pulled?
dunno.gif

I emailed Havoline last night about decoding the packaging date and if I get a response I'll post it here.

The other thing that I noticed about all the Havoline 5 qt jugs in my local Walmarts is that they are API-SL oil, not SM.
confused.gif

Woody they just ran out of that product,CHEVRON/HAVOLINE has the best quality control in the business theres no way you will see a Katrina blend oil . CHEVRON/HAVOLINE will far exceed the specs. for gas and diesel engines. This is how crazy rumors like this get started.

Sort of OT, but a week ago during lunch time, I witnessed an employee of a Texaco Express Lube (in uniform) in my local WM filling his shopping cart with ALL of the remaining stock of Havoline oil.....ALL OF IT.

Make of that what you will.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
Sort of OT, but a week ago during lunch time, I witnessed an employee of a Texaco Express Lube (in uniform) in my local WM filling his shopping cart with ALL of the remaining stock of Havoline oil.....ALL OF IT.

Make of that what you will.

Last week when I went to Wal-Mart near my place of work they were all out of the 5 quart jugs also. There were a few quarts left. Now today when I went they had some 5 quart jugs but all they had were 10w40. Noticed the same thing at Advance Auto. Somebody is loading up!

Chevron was impacted by the hurricanes. A non-lube refinery, bunches of stations, terminals, distributors, the largest blend & grease plant, various suppliers, and some contracted filling too got some damge.

That said, I am told most things are up and runnning again at or near pre-hurricane levels.
Other brands have had some impacts too FWIW.

NO, there will be no big shortages of lubes (most BITOG folks have like 30 gallons in the garage stash anyway (LOL!...I only have like 5 gallons myself..), but I'd guess things will be a little spotty on various SKUs for a couple more weeks.

And...I am very certain NO oils, repeat NO oils are being sold by any major that will not meet the specifications...even if the formula was altered to use a different chemistry (this is done very often anyway "behind the scenes" at all companies, might be a bit more lately so manufactures can maximize use of "non-hurricaned" chemicals...

It should be Sept. 21, 2005.
There should also be a time of day afterwards - I'm not sure what TX means [Texas?].
A couple of calls to Havoline, and from what was stated as overall policy by our Govt. [temporary], confirms that there is downgraded oil [and fuel] for a while. I believe the Havoline is from II to I basestock, for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back