Who is using Mobil 1 R - what engine,purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I for one would be interested in finding out who is using Mobil 1 R, in what engine and for what purpose ?

Many motor sport persons are interested in this product and in its future for them for instance in racing

Thank you
Regards

I personally won't use this oil for my high mileage economy car. I will however use it when and if I get a sports car next time around. I know my friend has a C5 and will be using it. The jury is still out on this oil and I have no idea what exactly it will be like, but I do put my trust in it being it is highly regarded in NASCAR. Maybe I'm naive.
dunno.gif
I ordered one qt. from autobarn to send off a VOA bc I want to see the TBN and Born amounts. It does appear thus far that it's a highly additized M1. We shall see.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Doug Hillary:
Hi,
I for one would be interested in finding out who is using Mobil 1 R, in what engine and for what purpose ?

Many motor sport persons are interested in this product and in its future for them for instance in racing

Thank you
Regards

Doug,

I believe it is being used by a number of pirates, because when I ask them what oil they are using they say RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, me bucko...or something like that.

Cheers

I am using Mobil 1R in my Mercedes AMG C43. It is a 4.3L V8. Redline is 6,300rpm. It is driven very hard and sees redline several times a day when I drive it. I use it as a test car to try different performance improvements and use a PDA dyno to check for progress. Typical oil change intervals are 2,500 miles. I run Oil Analysis on the oil to check performance of the oil. I also run Oil Extreme in the engine. I used this product in my Superbike engines and found it to free up a little Hp and reduce valve train wear.

The Oil Extreme in my engine freed up 8Hp when we poured it in on the dyno; a Dynojet model.

To date the GC 0-30wt has given better wear results than the Mobil 1 5-30wt and less hydraulic lifter noise. Mobil 1R has eliminated lifter noise.

Jeff

Hi,
thanks - a number of "Porsche people" have used M1 10w-30 Tri-synthetic for racing with unhappy results ( their rather foolish choice )

So this new oil may have an uphill battle in those circles as M1 is M1

In the V8 SuperCar circles here however it is quickly becoming legendary

M1 R is unlikely to be retailed in Australia

Regards

I would specifically recommend the 1R, 0w-30 for applications where you are currently running the garden variety Mobil 1, 5w-30 or 10w-30 and seeing excessive valvetrain and ring/cylinder wear. In other words, if your iron and/or chrome levels are too high.

If your bearing wear is too high, this new 5w-40 is the way to go, since it's much thicker than the 5w-30/10w-30 M1 formulations ....

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics

quote:

Hi,
thanks - a number of "Porsche people" have used M1 10w-30 Tri-synthetic for racing with unhappy results ( their rather foolish choice )

So this new oil may have an uphill battle in those circles as M1 is M1

In the V8 SuperCar circles here however it is quickly becoming legendary

M1 R is unlikely to be retailed in Australia

Regards

Doug, what do you mean by becomming legendary?

If I were they, I'd use Redlind down there. In fact the Australian website for RL is much better then the US one. RL 5w-40 would be a better choice for their Porches as would S2k possibly. I'm not familar with Trisynthetic oil.

Speedybenz, what other oils have you used and had success with?
cheers.gif

Hi,
Buster - the V8 SuperCar teams are privately owned. Sponsorship is a "big deal" of course but so is winning and performance

In solving some technical problems, releasing power ( over 15w-50 and etc ) and for durability ( consumption, wear protection )it is raising many eyebrows.
This was also the case with GC SLX 0w-30 when it was first released on the market here in 1996/7. It failed to live up to expectations

M1 R's performenace in the recent Bathurst 24 hour race in a 700hp+ ( I believe ) engine opened a few eyes

Caltex-Halvoline, Shell and Castrol are the other major oil Co. sponsors other than Mobil. I believe FUCHS have two cars now too but this is the start of the season when this year's sponsors are released

As mentioned earlier this oil will probably NOT be sold retail in Australia

Regards
burnout.gif

Thanks Doug. I believe Pennzoil makes some very high end racing oils as Johnny has mentioned. He even said they might come to the retail market by years end. They have some very high end oils according to hime that are very low viscosity but provide exceptional protection.
smile.gif

I am currently running Mobil 1R 0W30 in my Toyota Sequoia, 2001 Chevrolet Corvette, 2000 Cadillac Seville Northstar, Robin 4.5 HP water pumps (8 of them), Wheelhorse 12 HP (Briggs) garden tractor, Sears 5 HP snow blower, and as soon as the ice melts Correct Craft Ford 351 Ski Nautique!
George Morrison

quote:

believe it is being used by a number of pirates, because when I ask them what oil they are using they say RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, me bucko...or something like that.

lol.gif
That was great. I liked the Patman/pscholte pirate graphic in the other thread.
cheers.gif

I really think that M1R's main purpose is exaclty what EM say it is, high HP racing applications. We see so many great reports with other oils due to engine technology that oils aren't going to make significant difference from one to the next. RL might show some elevated wear time to time but when you have a C5 and drive it like you stole it, I'd have RL in their any day over regular M1 or Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back