Who is using M1 ESP oil? Like it?

I'm using the older formula (called ESP Formula 5w30) in my Corvette and I like it. On my last UOA with it, the viscosity finished up right where it started. The same can't be said for the 0w40 version of this oil, I've seen a few UOAs with this oil on new Corvettes and it ends up thinning out to the point where it's lower than the 5w30 version. I've still got 4 oil changes worth of ESP Formula 5w30 and once that runs out I'll start running the new formula. I have always liked the amount of manufacturers approvals that this oil has.

Man, I sure would be interested in stocking up on some of that oil. Was that a clearance, a sale, or their regular price?
i paid $6 bucks a quart for 5w30 ESP back in May. I ordered it online and it shipped from their warehouse in northern california. Local napa has it as well. As others have said the same comes a few times a year. I will be putting it in my miata this weekend :)

I see NAPA has ESP 0W30 for $5.49/qt., the sale ends today. 5W30 which they also run on sale, but not now, is going for $11.12/quart. If I didn't have as much as I do on hand I'd load up on more of the 0W30.

When I look at the 5W-30 online at NAPA it is now on sale at $6.99, not as good as the previous $5.49 but better than list. Says the price is good until 10/31/2020 and you get a $10 Visa card with a purchase of five quarts.

0W-30 is also on sale at $6.99 and includes the $10 gift card deal (actually the deal says it includes all M1 oils). If you’re willing to wait for the card to arrive it makes the whole thing $1 cheaper than the regular sale price for six quarts.

Last edited:
When I look at the 5W-30 online at NAPA it is now on sale at $6.99, not as good as the previous $5.49 but better than list. Says the price is good until 10/31/2020 and you get a $10 Visa card with a purchase of five quarts.

0W-30 is also on sale at $6.99 and includes the $10 gift card deal (actually the deal says it includes all M1 oils). If you’re willing to wait for the card to arrive it makes the whole thing $1 cheaper than the regular sale price for six quarts.

it's super weird, Napa's website is the worst
M1 ESP 5w40 https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MON105856 $9.99/qt. (I didn't even know there's 5w40 esp)
M1 ESP 5w30 https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MON124044 $6.99
M1 ESP 0w30 https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MOR124547 $6.99
And the best part - I didn't realize that. Another $10 rebate from Napa 10/1-10/31 https://naparebates.com/WebAPI/rebateforms/d85673cd-ac4d-4381-b6f2-8bb5a1afdd73.pdf

Last edited:

Showing $14.49/qt for me, even after I add it to cart. What gives?

Never mind. Using SlavaB's link, it does, indeed, show $6.99 for me. Thanks SlavaB!

So, if I'm calculating this right, with the 9.75% tax here in Nashville, it would be $5.67/qt. after rebate! Nice!

No clue, it’s the “Monthly Special” if that helps. It’s been the Monthly Special for a few months now :)

Never mind. Using SlavaB's link, it does, indeed, show $6.99 for me. Thanks SlavaB!

So, if I'm calculating this right, with the 9.75% tax here in Nashville, it would be $5.67/qt. after rebate! Nice!

Guys, the Napa website is the worst (dumb if you wish), you have to keep that in mind. It has MULTIPLE product pages, one at the full price and another one at discounted. had the same discovery when ordered 5w30 esp. That's why I've posted exact links so no one will be confused.

Just put some M1 5w30 ESP in my miata. Upper rev range feels and sounds much better with this oil. Cold start engine sounds much better too. This is gonna be my go to every 5k. Only interested in running hths ~3.5 given the dilution with GDI. Before I changed the oil revving it out past 5k the engine did not sound good. I'm more convinced then ever that 0w20 is a CAFE mandate.

Last edited:
No it's ideal for a modern GDI engine. It's a GTL/PAO/POE blend. HT/HS 3.53. It's more like a heavy 30 grade.

ESP 0w40 went through 24 months of testing with GM in the Vette.
I don’t know if Mobil ESP 0W40 is suitable for rotary engine

Back