Who is planning a diet on Jan 1.

Welp, I survived the "Widowmaker" heart attack on Dec 26th, and was just released from the hospital yesterday (12/28), so yes, I am performing some dietary changes as of yesterday and into the New Year.
No choice for you! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and lifelong changes (that last for a long lifetime yet to live).

I need to do something differently. Bought a Peloton in October, ride it 3-4 days a week and have gained 8 pounds since then. Being down an adrenal gland has SAPPED my metabolism. I eat much less than I used to and just drifting upwards with regard to weight.

6’4” 240 today. Would like to be 205-210.

I started OMAD a couple of weeks ago, even during our Christmas feasts. I've been on vacation since the 26th, so I cheated yesterday and the day before; today I'm back on track.

I'm still trying to get onto track, I don't stay up to watch the ball drop so I'm not waiting for the 1st. But my IBS is flaring and making me feel miserable, so tonight's snack is red.

Unfortunately I tacked on 5 pounds suddenly this month. Was not happy to see the scale tip over 200 yesterday. At 5'7" that means I'm in bad shape, and I was confirmed pre-diabetic, so no choices here. Am hoping it doesn't get harder in the future: my EKG showed an anomaly...

Few years ago I did myfitnesspal and counted all my calories, and did shed several pounds. This time around I just don't think I'll bother with any of that. Smaller meals, cut carbs and replace with veggies, some level of exercise. Big challenge will be figuring out work stress and then doing something other than bringing work home with me in the evening. With winter solstice past, the notion that the days are going to get longer should warm my soul, and I should start thinking about how soon I can be outside again...

I’d probably just pound lasagna every day that should just kill it people are not serious when they say they want to change.

What happens when you go of this so called diet it needs to be a lifestyle change or why bother

Exactly

Make it a lifestyle or you'll never make it long term.

I eat healthy, weight training and cardio 4 days a week. I've been living this lifestyle since high school. You don't have to eat "clean" 365 days a year. A person can eat pizza, or whatever you crave every so often. Gotta enjoy life a little bit 😜

fat_001.jpg

3 days of making excuses why I didn't get it done this month. February is just a new start to end that. Will be 50 in March always moving forward.

Attachments

• 20230131_173635.jpg
    20230131_173635.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 12
The ketogenic/carnivore method of eating works extremely well. Trouble is, it's very limiting in what you can eat.

The ketogenic/carnivore method of eating works extremely well. Trouble is, it's very limiting in what you can eat.
It is, but I've become quite used to it. I have zero cravings. No real desire to scarf down bread, for example.

I have a variety of healthy fats that keep me hunger free and even though fat has high calorie density, it seem to go a LOOOONG way. Especially after doing some simple fasting periods. If I have a tablespoon each of MCT/hemp/olive oil and water, I can go 10-12 hours

I've lost a few pounds over the past 8 weeks using NOOM as an impetus (word just came up out of nowhere and had to look it up to make sure of correct use - close enough). I figure that I usually gain about 3 pounds in the winter and now I am down 4 = net total 7 pounds improvement!, LOL. I'm only looking to drop 15 or so pounds, eat better, and improve both my cardio and strength health a wee bit. Age DOES make it harder to maintain a healthy body.

NOOM is very heavy into psychology and educating you to adjust your lifestyle/eating patterns. It's not a strick diet, but it guides you to redistribute your intake of the good, bad, and ugly. It's o.k. to splurge once in awhile. I really cut back (completely) on the late evening snacking of carbs and sugar while watching the boob tube (really ramps up in bleak, cold, snowy January/February). Cravings not bad at all. Heading in the right direction one bit at a time.

Back