Who is Honda's oil supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering who Honda's bulk oil supplier is. The maintenance minder can run oci's up to 7-10k miles, and to my best knowledge the only synthetic spec'd in the Honda line-up is for the RDX.

So these M1 dino oils Honda gets are really capable of going the distance the MM can sometimes take intervals to?

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
So these M1 dino oils Honda gets are really capable of going the distance the MM can sometimes take intervals to?

There is no such thing as a M1 dino (conventional) oil. I assume you mean Mobil Clean 5000 or Mobil Clean 7500.

Originally Posted By: adibigs
Now you know that oil is depended on another country for its resource. Japan need the U.S for oil supply

Japan has always been dependent on others for oil. That is one the main reasons for WWII attack on Pearl Harbor.

"Just wondering who Honda's bulk oil supplier is."

Last I knew, Exxon-Mobil was Honda's US supplier for their factory and for at least some of the bottled oil sold at parts counters. Several years back someone posted VOA comparisons of Honda branded 5W-20 oil and Exxon Superflo 5W-20 and the two seemed to be very, very similar.

Dealer oil changes could be with almost any oil though. Even though Honda has a relationship with a particular supplier, dealers usually pick their own source.

I just want to know what the deal is with their $3qt/qt bottled 5w20 that they use in intervals up to 10k. Even if it's M1 5000 and not Superflo, that'd be really pushing it no? I'd really have a tough time believing that they're selling M1 7500 at that price.

I just want to know what the deal is with their $3qt/qt bottled 5w20 that they use in intervals up to 10k. Even if it's M1 5000 and not Superflo, that'd be really pushing it no? I'd really have a tough time believing that they're selling M1 7500 at that price.

Honda recommends 10k OCI, for may cars and SUV's, is with any conventional SM 5W20 oil not with Honda oil only. S2000 has shorter OCI around 7k or 1 year for non-severe conditions and cut to half for severe conditions.

Honestly I think I put my own foot in my mouth, Mobil high mileage is not a synblend- just the 7500 is. Unless you want to consider the additive of the seal conditioner lol... More like a HYBRID DINO

Honda doesn't recommend any set OCI these days, Maintenance Minder. I've certainly never heard them reco a 10k fixed oci. Either way, how is it possible on any conventional oil?

Fwiw, for my 98 Prelude Honda recommended a 7.5k oci and replace the filter only every other oil change. And that was with SJ.
shocked2.gif

The vehicle this thread is in question to though is an 05 TL.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Honda recommends 10k OCI, for may cars and SUV's, is with any conventional SM 5W20 oil not with Honda oil only. S2000 has shorter OCI around 7k or 1 year for non-severe conditions and cut to half for severe conditions.

Last edited:
Here in Canada, the last time I checked (2007), Petro Canada was supplying Honda's oil, except for the 0W20 which I was told was supplied by Idemitsu. The dealership told me the 0W20 was for the hybrids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back