Who is Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding Bob ran the site, but Bob worked for Schaeffer's, Schaeffer's thought it was a COI so he stopped running the site.

IIRC, 2002 is also when the forum layout changed, and everyone's joined date got lost, hence why I believe you won't see anyone "older' than 2002. I actually joined in 99. I remember Bob posting. I still remember coming across the site on a dog pile search and wondering why anyone would have an oil forum., So I read for a few hours and was hooked.

I found BITOG when I started researching why 1st 2001 Honda Civic was burning oil. Back then I was worried about getting "the best 5w20", as that was on the oil cap. Oh the good old days... Then learned about AutoRX... Then about other grades: Once 5w30 stopped oil burning and engine became quieter - it finally clicked that "recommended" viscosity is not a "required" viscosity... Then learned about CAFE, and all the other rabbit holes around here... o_O Then a few years later got a job at AutoZone, while was in college, and finally stopped lurking and registered around 2014. Forgot the password to that 1st bitog account, as well as the email I used back then... So later made the current account in 2016. And since then randomly jump into Thin VS Thick, MMO, and TCW3 related threads. 😜

CKN

Hardly an primary emphasis on oil any more. As GON has stated-it wouldn't survive as an exclusively oil forum.

Hardly an primary emphasis on oil any more. As GON has stated-it wouldn't survive as an exclusively oil forum.
But doesn't everyone in "What are you eating right now?" thread wants to know what I am eating right now? Or music I'm listening to? Or what I'm doing right now?
Can't let the oil forum members down by not answering those^ very important questions!

CKN

But doesn't everyone in "What are you eating right now?" thread wants to know what I am eating right now? Or music I'm listening to? Or what I'm doing right now?
Can't let the oil forum members down by not answering those^ very important questions!
Some create (nonsensical) topics merely for the post counts.......

Status
Not open for further replies.