Who Has or Had the Largest Stock of GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by lyle:
I have 49 at the moment, but am seriously considering dumping the lot if my 5.4L continues to feel as sluggish as it does now with 800+ miles on its first GC feeding. Gas mileage is down about 5% across the board. Maybe the Ford mod motors like thinner cSt stuff?
dunno.gif

Yikes! I was just trying to talk my BIL into using some of my GC in his F-250. Maybe I should rescind the offer.

Oh, OH, oh, umm, Zero, I've never had any :-( It's sad really...

There is an oil change or two worth of GC sitting at my local Autozone. With my slight coolant ingress in my engine, extended changes are out of the question or I would have it in there right now and I would do a UOA on the gold afterwards too. I just don't see it worth it to run a 3k mile change on a $5 per quart oil. :-( My hopes and dreams. I'll be happier once I get a Toyota Corolla.

How long do you predict until there is no new GREEN GC on store shelves?

A couple of stores that normally do carry GC but had none (green/gold) explain that 0W-30 is for the winter; so we will carry it in the fall. Of course we know that 0W-30 is a great all year oil but in any event when these outlets do stock it is bound to be the new gold version.

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:

I think it'll be a very long time in Ontario before the supply of green GC is totally gone. Don't forget, this oil is in every CT and every Walmart up here, so there are lots of small towns that have big supplies of this stuff. Just remember how long it took these stores to get rid of their supply of the old American made 0w30. It was at least 2 years or longer.

So my prediction is that you'll still find green GC in Ontario for at least two more years.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

I think it'll be a very long time in Ontario before the supply of green GC is totally gone. Don't forget, this oil is in every CT and every Walmart up here, so there are lots of small towns that have big supplies of this stuff. Just remember how long it took these stores to get rid of their supply of the old American made 0w30. It was at least 2 years or longer.

So my prediction is that you'll still find green GC in Ontario for at least two more years.

And meanwhile, Jürgen, they are leaving all the Gold to me...Gold...Gold...Gold...it's all mine...mine, I tell ya...mine, mine, mine...all for me...ya ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah......................
shocked.gif
whoa, where'd that come from
shocked.gif

quote:

quote:

I think it'll be a very long time in Ontario before the supply of green GC is totally gone. Don't forget, this oil is in every CT and every Walmart up here, so there are lots of small towns that have big supplies of this stuff.

Of course this is just anecdotal but I have been in 2 Wal-Marts and 2 CTires in the past week and none of these 4 establishments had any of the green...only the gold. And so I asssume these particular stores will never have the green again
frown.gif

109 quarts and counting, I thought I would stop at 101 but I couldn't help myself, but at least I'm not actively seeking out AutoZones anymore, just go in and check it out if I happen to drive by one, thats how I got my last 8 quarts.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it'll be a very long time in Ontario before the supply of green GC is totally gone. Don't forget, this oil is in every CT and every Walmart up here, so there are lots of small towns that have big supplies of this stuff.

Of course this is just anecdotal but I have been in 2 Wal-Marts and 2 CTires in the past week and none of these 4 establishments had any of the green...only the gold. And so I asssume these particular stores will never have the green again
frown.gif

Don't be so sure of that, there is probably a lot of green left in the warehouses, so they might just restock with green. My local Walmart had a lot of gold at one time, but then they restocked with a bunch of green after that. In fact when I cleaned them out last week, they had 8L of green and only 1L of gold. It'll be interesting to see what they restock with this week.

quote:

quote:

frown.gif

Don't be so sure of that, there is probably a lot of green left in the warehouses, so they might just restock with green. My local Walmart had a lot of gold at one time, but then they restocked with a bunch of green after that. In fact when I cleaned them out last week, they had 8L of green and only 1L of gold. It'll be interesting to see what they restock with this week.

Today while my kids were getting their eyes checked I went in the CTire right next door (Scarborough). I bought 7 litres of M04...Now dont think badly of me but I left 5 litres on the shelf
nono.gif
I now have 12 litres of the green; I also have 1 case (16 litres) of the Esso Extra XD 3 0W-30. That's enough right?
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back