Who has found old friends/classmates/co-workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to admit it publicly, but FaceBook has really allowed me to connect with a lot of people from the past, as well as current friends that I might not otherwise keep in touch with.

But hey, they have a BITOG group :)

I am only three years out of Highschool so I still hang out with "old" friends. But I have met new friends on the net. . .

I have met lots of old friends I went to high-school/Elementary school with and lost touch over the years. It's neat to see what they are doing now and how they have changed...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Who has found old friends/classmates/co-workers, etc. through the web?

I never got out of touch with my friends, so I didn't have to "find" any of them.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Who has found old friends/classmates/co-workers, etc. through the web?

I never got out of touch with my friends, so I didn't have to "find" any of them.
wink.gif

Well, I had friends in grade school that my parents refused to let me contact when they went to the juvenile facility.

When these guys went to prison I no longer had any desire to reach out to them.

Facebook and Linked In have been great for me. I live away from my old stomping grounds and worked all across the country in my early career. I can easily stay in touch with my family and friends with these tools. Some people post some really silly pictures and videos of their various escapades on these sites, but when used sensibly there won't be any harm done. FYI- some people that you may have known that are trying to keep it on the "down-low" due to child support issues, psycho ex's, bad debts or summary awards won't usually post a public profile :).

Facebook is the place to find just about anyone of the teen and 20-something age group. I've found a ton of my lost peers that way.

Facebook returns start diminishing with the over 30 set. Some are on there, many are not.

The only problem with Facebook is that you find someone from long ago, befriend them, and then never talk to them. It's really kind of a false sense of "connecting".

We have a web site in New Zealand called Old Friends,it lists schools,work places,churches etc,and past members put their names in.I've only had one contact from an old school mate,and have never contacted anyone myself....some things are better left alone.But my wife is always in contact with old school friends from the site.

Better half has found (and been found by) quite a few old friends on Facebook.

I think the telephone cable between Oz and NZ is glowing red as a result some days.

joined, but quit facebook. i like the old way... facebook seems very unnatural to me. If I want to be around someone I will find a way of doing it physically...

Yes,the old way has connected me with more old friends than the internet.In my own business I had people,and relations I didn't know come in....the name above the door.

I moved to an island,and found I was working next door to a guy I had gone to school with since we were 5.He said when he was working in Bougainville....he was living in the same street as a couple of guys who lived in the same street as him in NZ.Sometimes it hard to get away from people we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back